Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Nice to be here and excited to be a part of the community. I owned Wranglers since 1995 and just traded my 2004 in for a 2020 Limited 2.5. Needed something safer for the kids but had to hold on to some semblance of the old adventurous spirit. Actually my first new car ever and definitely digging it. The old inline 6 was easy to do everything myself so not working on the car will probably drive me nuts. Too much computer aided stuff now, but after only a weekend I do like the change. Switched from wrangler forum to here as well...:)

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
257 Posts
Welcome. If you can wrench on a jeep i6, you can wrench on the Subaru 2.5 H-4. Lol.

·
Registered
Black 2016 Outback Limited 3.6.
19 Posts
Hey all. Nice to be here and excited to be a part of the community. I owned Wranglers since 1995 and just traded my 2004 in for a 2020 Limited 2.5. Needed something safer for the kids but had to hold on to some semblance of the old adventurous spirit. Actually my first new car ever and definitely digging it. The old inline 6 was easy to do everything myself so not working on the car will probably drive me nuts. Too much computer aided stuff now, but after only a weekend I do like the change. Switched from wrangler forum to here as well...:)
I am here 2 months, coming from a 97 TJ 4cylinder with 250,000 miles. Bought a used 2016 3.6 outback with 19,500 miles!! Loving it, but still kept my jeep!!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am here 2 months, coming from a 97 TJ 4cylinder with 250,000 miles. Bought a used 2016 3.6 outback with 19,500 miles!! Loving it, but still kept my jeep!! View attachment 481865
Awesome! Would have loved to keep mine. Many hours spent in and underneath that thing. I think I a single solitary tear was seen rolling down my cheek when I drove away from her.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,646 Posts
If you have a vacuum oil pump I think you can change the oil with just opening the hood. Including the filter.

I find them surprisingly easy to work on. Roomy engine bay for the size of the car too.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have a vacuum oil pump I think you can change the oil with just opening the hood. Including the filter.

I find them surprisingly easy to work on. Roomy engine bay for the size of the car too.
That’s good to know, thanks. It sounds funny, but whereas before I wanted to do everything myself and almost refused to take the Jeep in for anything, I am almost a little scared to work on stuff in this one. Probably give it a week though before that goes away. :)

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,084 Posts
Welcome.
Care to share your thoughts on why you chose the Subaru and not a Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee?
Those are both very capable off-roaders and also safer than a Wrangler for kiddos.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome.
Care to share your thoughts on why you chose the Subaru and not a Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee?
Those are both very capable off-roaders and also safer than a Wrangler for kiddos.
Absolutely don’t mind, however it is only my opinion so We all know what that and a penny will get you. Wasn’t impressed with the reviews on either of them. Sure they are much safer than the wrangler but I would venture to say not as safe as the Subaru. Admittedly only drove the Cherokee and not the grand but wasn’t that impressed. Ride seemed better in the Subaru, seemed like more room in Subaru, better gas mileage, not enough bells and whistles in the Cherokee for the money, grand Cherokee was a bit pricey, and obviously the most important, the deals were better for the outback with the 0% financing for 60 months and some of the discounts. Yes, I’m giving up some off road performance but as I get older I find myself less and less on the trails and more and more “glamping” than camping. Will always love a wrangler so maybe as a toy again someday. This is all anecdotal of course and something about the outback appealed to me. Hope that helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts