Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 80 of 141 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
5 backsides...Frankie still rules

Ok...6...I counted wrong. I got 99 problems...and that row of backsides (the b*tch)....ain't one. And tdck don't need it, I have plenty of temporary distractions in my life. But they are nice to look at every now and then. I prefer my underskirt to be riddled with Beatrush, Cusco, Avo and Megan Racing.

Megan sounds like a nice girl tho.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RS w/ Eyesight: ECU & TCU Tuned by XRT, Raptor Headers, Magnaflow Cats, Resonator & Muffs, Drilled & Slotted Brakes, TDCK Trans. Insert & Sway Bar Bushings, Skid Plates, RSB Upgrade, PIAA Ye
110 Posts
Yup, it'seems quite a sight, last year saw Lambos & Porsches one day...

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,021 Posts
Ok...6...I counted wrong. I got 99 problems...and that row of backsides (the b*tch)....ain't one. And tdck don't need it, I have plenty of temporary distractions in my life. But they are nice to look at every now and then. I prefer my underskirt to be riddled with Beatrush, Cusco, Avo and Megan Racing.

Megan sounds like a nice girl tho.
I think Megan Fox should model for Megan Race parts,
....maybe they have to make a race ready adjustable bra. .

·
Master Caster
16,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I will second that. Brunet, trim...b*tch attitude. Just my type.

But, Megan Fox...she don't need none adjustable bra tho...she's doing just fine with Mother Nature's "gift". Shake what your...Momma gave ya.

as usual... @eagleeye you are f'n killing me. BTW..."what does the Fox Say"...I got a kid, 'memeber?

·
Master Caster
16,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Another Day of Mele' on the Streets

I know there will be a time I look back at this thread, this post...and see that it was a bad idea. But if that is your attitude, then the whole experiment was a bad idea. FrankenWagon I mean.

Today was fine day of fun behind the wheel of my beloved Frank. I make a lot of jokes, and have this silly persona that I created for her. But, she is serious business. I usually don't really get to have too much open ground. It's pretty packed where I am. But times like...right before & after...a Broncos Playoff (home) game is perfect.

I was invited to watch the game @Jimi1976 's house. The ride out was fun...pretty open, mostly open highway, multiple lane. There is one spot that 3 urban streets at 40mph...drop to a 2 lane (1 each direction), but at 55mph. right after a blind corner a passing zone opens up....right by the AF Base. Frank and Me tagged (passed) 6 cars in 1/8 mile. One shot, 35 to 65-70 mph...in 2 shifts and what seemed like a 2 seconds.

I have put near 4K miles on the car since this past summer and the car is running great. I have gotten to know her real well, as long I keep the throttle angle in check, in regard to engine load....she is the perfect traffic weapon. The 5EAT is the big news though. The above event, was 2 shifts...1 downshift, and then 1 back up at about 4800rpm. It was perfect. I wish I could say I use my manual mode. But I can't. I have no need for it.

That was the ride out...the ride home...was a differnt story. It was all urban street and highway assault. As irony would have it...the vehicle I was wanting to buy...when I got the XT...was 1st on the menu. 2013 Toyo 4Runner. I know, what was he thinking? I passed him early on the 2 lane at 50mph...then he rode my bumper at 70 mph...until we hit the traffic lights. Then...within 2 light cycles he became a brief memory. He looked like a 50 year old cell phone salesman.

The other 2 were on the contested highway. A beat-up...not all that old, Caddy...but not the hot one. AND a big tube diesel truck...both at the same time. I don't know what the deal is. It might be all the stickers, it might be the big AVO system hanging out the *ss end. It seems to be worse at night, so it might be 7 gauges lit up for everyone to see that...attracts the moth to Frank's flame. I have a kill switch so I can turn them off. Maybe they just can't figure out what the h*ll I am driving.

Whah Hahah!!!! :9:

Foolish Mortals. Don't they know Frank is not Human, she is Monster. And we are one...ok, that might sound weird. But I am her "wheel man". Let us all remember, just like Dr Frank...she is more than folly. She is after all..."Built-Not-Bought". On a final note, regarding the importance of me "building"....

None of this would be possible without the dedicated involvement of XRT Tuning. I sent out a text earlier (XRT Tuning Group) regarding the 6 car pass...and shortly after...Ed texts me. He wants to know...did I change FPR, or the fuel rail??? See, he knows she will go dangerously lean...If I push her past safe. Like I said, I have a very vested interest in my hard work. So does my tuner. The only part, that I can't do myself...I have a trusted "mechanic" that I go to.

The diagnostic help and patience over the near 2 years (maybe more) has been invaluable. On a final note, this is the truth...the XRT tuned 5EAT is my favorite part of the car. And as you all know...Frank is built from some really sexy parts.

:29:

·
Master Caster
16,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The White WRX and...so Funny

This morning I just realalized something. There are a few WRX in my apt complex. For the last 2-3 months...this white WRX is driving by my garage...on the way to theirs. But the long way...from the entrance. If I were driving to my my place...I would go a different way. I don't drive by their place...it is out of my way.

Turns out we are in the same building. They have a garage too...But it is a long building. I never go their way. They always go my way. Well, it turns out...it is the white WRX I spanked...coming back from the last KBPI cruise...a ...3 months ago...lives 4 garages down. Lol.

And he doesn't have sense of humor. He doesn't deserve 2014 WRX...he migh be 26. He won't even look at me...but he drives by 4x a day. Now...he got spanked. But my car didn't spank his. I spanked him. Frank can't lay down all she has. I have to control the reins. Or I will melt her block. So, this WRX had me hands down with power.

On the suspension and chassis end...Frank wins hands down...She will out handle...any...ANY showroom Subaru...including a BRZ. That is not a challenge...but a fact. I will take all comers on that one. A locked down rig inspires way more confidence than a chassis that is about to let go. I have that going for me in spades over a WRX.

But simply. I also have more wheel time. He might have been 26. I have 20 years more wheel time. His puny b*lls never had a chance. he hasn't even used them properly yet. Me...I have b*lls of solid rock...I not only beat his sorry ass. But he is scared of me. He ruffles his feathers each time he passes the garage...buit can't even look at me..when at the mailboxes,,,or exit light.

It was never my intention. He blew his wad too early...and when it came to trading paint...or shooting something...insane. He backed off, tdck dropped it and held fast...on my line. He , now, is like a fighter that can't get back in the ring. It's not something I will feel bad about. I hope he learns from the fact he has too much $...zero wrench time....and yeah...puny b*lls.

One last note...all hail the XRT tuned 5EAT...:6:

·
Master Caster
16,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
BTW...this was a fictitious event...this was not actual street racing. That is not legal. Or a proper example, for a father to be setting. B was not in in the car. There is no video evidence of this event ever occurring.

Maybe the GoPro is a bad idea.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT limited
386 Posts
There was no occurrence of illegal racing at all. It was just two gentlemen who had identical spasms at the same moment the light turned green - the neurons sent off a leg spasm that made their foot hit the accelerator at that instant. Finally the spasm ended. Yes. That's what it was. I blame the street lights.

Sometimes suckers cant take losing. They think they will beat anything with a car at 300HP and awd. Sadly they are blind to the variety that's out there. But its the same story - never judge a book by its cover. I enjoy talking to others at stop lights if their car interests me. You can find out a lot.

I don't condone racing unless its on the track. But sometimes I do enjoy opening up the succubus on the street. And sometimes others take interest.

·
Master Caster
16,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
My issues are usually not at stop lights. It is usually someone coming up from behind. Usually because I crossed their path in some way. Usually wilth a deliberate...maybe even stealth maneuver. But never fast or crazy...well within legal and prudent limits.

Like that **** 4Runner. Passed at 50...cause he's being a big pig. Then he rides my bumper for miles at speeds to 70...but there's no opportunity to pass...so there he stays.

And if I had a nickle for ever 2008+ white WRX on I-25....I might recover some build costs. They are like angry bees...drones...with no n*ts...or sense of purpose. They see a hood scoop or a GrimmSpeed sticker and they are drawn like moths to a flame. I guess having a colorful *ss end does't hurt.

But it doesn't help either. Funny, I was never really a butt guy. But Frankie's fine *ss. I can't help myself. BTW...RSB assortment. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT limited
386 Posts
How did the LGT aluminum control arms fit? Have had those on my long-term wishlist and keep seeing used pairs from CA pop up on my ebay list. I miss the locked down feel of the Perrin PSRS plus the anti-lift....it just felt right when the accelerator was punched. Tight turns too.

·
Master Caster
16,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
How did the LGT aluminum control arms fit? Have had those on my long-term wishlist and keep seeing used pairs from CA pop up on my ebay list. I miss the locked down feel of the Perrin PSRS plus the anti-lift....it just felt right when the accelerator was punched. Tight turns too.
I haven't put them on. They are hanging on the wall in the redneck garage. They will fit just fine. I am more interested in how much quieter the car will be. And less..."tin can". I have new Megan Racing (rear) bushings....Perrin (inner) bushings and the Whiteline "Roll Center"...anti lift...steering correction..kit. That will go in with those. I need to get either a press and a removal tool (diameter cup)...or access to it.

My usual bushing place...

Denver Spring & Suspension | Lift Kits & Leveling Kits

Isn't getting anywhere near these babies. If someone is going to crack an eye...it will be me...not "Brufus" or "Jo-Bob". No offense DS...yo all have been great. But this is precious cargo. If someone is gonna get killed..."cause...ya broke it"...that someone will be me.

I want to install those...as a clean install...nothing else...so I can evaluate the differences.

·
Master Caster
16,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited/EJ253/Diamond Grey/117k
145 Posts
His puny b*lls never had a chance. he hasn't even used them properly yet. Me...I have b*lls of solid rock...

Reminds me of Bullet Tooth Tony from the movie Snatch:

"There are big brave balls, and you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. The fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun. (withdraws his gun) And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence."

Also reminds me of every interview with Ronda Rousey after she got trampled.

2008LTD/EJ253/"B"/116k/Diamond Grey

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,021 Posts

·
Master Caster
16,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,021 Posts
when does the bandimere drag strip open again?

....can you go out to play at the reservoir without paying?

61 - 80 of 141 Posts