Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free service manuals

had a couple requests for the free service manual i found for my 2000 ob.

thought i'd post the link here.

if you find a link for other years, post it in this thread so others can find them easily.

this is just a link i found and i don't know how long it's going to be available so go get it if you want it.

http://www.onlinefreeebooks.net/automotive-machinery-power-equipment-ebooks/subaru/2000-subaru-legacy-service-manual-pdf.html

scroll down to where it says subaru legacy service manual [in blue], click link, type in the username; manual-01 and password; monsterenergy [gives them to you right there.

here's another one at the same site for a 1997

http://www.onlinefreeebooks.net/automotive-machinery-power-equipment-ebooks/subaru/1997-subaru-legacy-service-manual-owners-manual-service-supplement-pdf.html

you need a .pdf reader like acrobat to view these files.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i didn't really think about it since my computers scan all my downloads but, i was asked if these are clean files.

they were scanned, showed no virus or spyware and are adware free.

as with anything you should have you computer set to scan downloaded files, and, as with all stuff on the internet it's download at your own risk.

i have had no issues with the files.

the only thing i have found annoying is that the subfile directories aren't described, so , it tells you the main section like, body, engine, wiring but when you open the section you have to go down the list and click to find what you want. i'm not sure if you can name the files but when i get a chance i'm going to try.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a 97-98 impreza manual that might be more relevant for outback sport owners. it uses rapidshare so you have to wait if you want to use it free.

http://pdftown.com/PDF-Subaru-Impreza-1997-1998-Service-Manual.html

NOTE; this is a rar file so you need a decompression program that will unpack it. i don't need the file so i didn't bother getting one. generally you can get them free at cnet.com or some other download site.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You freakin' rock man! Thanks for the link for the 2000 Service Manual! Downloading now... :jump:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Headlight wiring

Am looking for help on wiring driving lights to my 2008 Subaru Outback. Wire colours and diagram would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
back to the top, get a free manual for you ob. i listed the years that are there in the first couple posts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was hoping to find a service manual for 06 outback. Oh well... I really should just buy one.

EDIT: Edited for clarity.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: 05 Outback

dbjacobson said:
Has anyone found a 05- service manual on line? The tech site has the manual but you have to pay to view the files.
not sure if you still need it, but searching for "vacation pix" in the title of legacygt.com will find you something. Post 230, iirc, on a multipage thread.

DRum

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rockhopjohn said:
I decided to sticky this thread since there is such good info here. Edited the title slightly to make it a bit more descriptive.
thanks rockhopjohn, i've referenced this thread a dozen times and have had to search for it everytime, this is much easier.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
163 Replies
113 Participants
eagleeye
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing