Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
PDF Service manual download working 2-21-2015

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I just got a 2002 Legacy L and need to do the head gaskets. I was able to download the 2002 version legacy 3,714 page manual in PDF. It took about 35 minutes to load the pdf then 2 seconds to save to disk. So be patient. Great resource!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Install wget through whatever means your OS and architecture prefer (tarballs, binaries/exes, wget64...)

Open command line. Make sure you are in the target directory you want to save your files and that wget is in that folder if you haven't specified or added a path to it.

type the following (if you're using wget64, type wget64 instead of wget):

Code:
[B]-wget -rkp -e robots=off -U Mozilla http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Legacy%20Outback/2001/[/B]
Obviously, replace the blue text with the address of your own vehicle.
If you like to think of yourself as a courteous and respectful person, consider adding a wait time between fetch requests or a limit-rate flag.
If you don't have any moral qualms with causing server load stress whilst disabling anti-bot measures and lazily spoofing a browser user agent to acquire materials that others have paid money for, then go nuts. And maybe work on your empathy a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Legacy and Outback

Hello Everyone! I was able to download the 2004 Legacy Outback manual but I have a regular 2.5L Outback, can I use the same manual? Thank you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Be aware this link does take a while to connect and a looong time to download. But it will eventually, it took about an hour for mine to download. Slow. But. Free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try the following, it tested and worked 100% on linux in the terminal. It is set up to give the server some respect and hit it every 5 seconds for each file. Replace the URL in apostrophes with the URL you are interested in:

wget -np -rkpN -e robots=off --wait=5 --random-wait -U Mozilla 'http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Legacy%20Outback/2013/USDM%20Legacy%20FSM%202013%20(BM-BR)/Legacy%20-%20Outback/2013/'

·
Registered
620 Posts
Try the following, it tested and worked 100% on linux in the terminal. It is set up to give the server some respect and hit it every 5 seconds for each file. Replace the URL in apostrophes with the URL you are interested in:

wget -np -rkpN -e robots=off --wait=5 --random-wait -U Mozilla 'http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Legacy%20Outback/2013/USDM%20Legacy%20FSM%202013%20(BM-BR)/Legacy%20-%20Outback/2013/'
Or, you could just download the ZIP file from Subaru Factory Service Manuals (FSM) - Every Model - USDM/EU since that is where jdmfsm got the files from.

·
Registered
16,314 Posts
121 - 140 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
163 Replies
113 Participants
eagleeye
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing