Subaru Outback Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! Worked for me. Just wish I could find an index.
I have a 2002 Subaru Lancaster 6 with VCD. I am having a problem with the it and have had it in the workshop for 8 months. At 50 k/ph on a left hand corner the skid light activates followed by the abs light and the brake activates on one wheel. All sensors have been computer checked and all faults cleared by the analyser. Still the problem persists and nothing will pick it up. when the problem happens nothing shows up on the computer analyser. We are looking at changing the ECU???? Can you advise the location of the ECU?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's a pretty good list!

Everything but mine is in there it seems....

Thanks for posting that. Seems Subaru can be a bit possessive with its information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Site not working

The page: jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/
seems to be gone. It just reroutes to Google homepage. Anyone else know of a good site for the shop manuals?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The page: jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/
seems to be gone. It just reroutes to Google homepage. Anyone else know of a good site for the shop manuals?
I copy and pasted exactly that link and it works for me.

The question I have is that they make no distinction between Legacy and Outback. They just have a folder titled Legacy Outback. And so I downloaded the 2005 book, b/c I have a 2005 Outback 2.5i Limited. But when I read through it, it only mentions Legacys, separating them into Sedans and Wagons (as it should) with no mention of the Outback. Will this service manual work for my car?

·
Registered
16,314 Posts
I copy and pasted exactly that link and it works for me.

The question I have is that they make no distinction between Legacy and Outback. They just have a folder titled Legacy Outback. And so I downloaded the 2005 book, b/c I have a 2005 Outback 2.5i Limited. But when I read through it, it only mentions Legacys, separating them into Sedans and Wagons (as it should) with no mention of the Outback. Will this service manual work for my car?
Generally, yes. Subaru doesn't publish two separate manuals. The differences, where relevant, are generally addressed in the specific sections.

That site is not an official Subaru source, and the copies of the manuals on it may, or may not, be correct, or complete. In this regard, I understand the 2005 service manual that was posted there some time ago did not have the pages for the 4-speed AT. (Look at the bottom of the pages -- the page numbers include a reference to the subject. 4-speed AT pages begin with "4AT".)

The official site for Subaru documentation is Subaru Technical Information System - Welcome. There's a fee and a time restraint for accessing/downloading the material, but it will be the latest version, and as complete and relevant as you need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. do you have workshop manuals, in PDF format, for Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5 2000-model ?

EDIT !!!! Never mind. I found another download, ;-)
Hi there. I'm in need of all the repair manuals for 2000 Forester LX. My gear oil is leaking, rack and pinon is leaking, struts leak, and other issues. I need to change timing belt, and have some electrical problems with the overhead map lights. 254,000 miles tho. ;) I really do appreciate it. Warmest Regards. Kristen krcamero @ live . com

141 - 160 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
163 Replies
113 Participants
eagleeye
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing