Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I changed the plugs, wires, and ignition coil on my 2000 Outback 5-speed Wagon. Came off a good running car with 119k miles. Free to anyone that needs them - just pay shipping. Thank you.

Seth

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,151 Posts
Wait...

Free...

Used...

Good?

Wires and Coil????

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,491 Posts
why would you take off a perfectly good coil.

what did you purchase instead of the OEM that could last 250,000 miles.? (lots of aftermarket JUNK out there,...and you might return the aftermarket junk if you got one, and reinstall the original coil).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why would you take off a perfectly good coil.

what did you purchase instead of the OEM that could last 250,000 miles.? (lots of aftermarket JUNK out there,...and you might return the aftermarket junk if you got one, and reinstall the original coil).
The car did not come with any maintenance record of the ignition system other than the plugs being changed at 60k miles. I replaced everything for peace of mind since I would rather not diagnose problems in the dead of winter like I have had to in the past.

If you don't want the parts then that's fine, but I figured I could pass some good, used parts on to a fellow member that doesn't have the luxury of dropping coin on new parts at the moment. I enjoy the Subie community because of the car and the good people they attract. Just trying to send out some good vibes. Thank you.

Seth

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,491 Posts
is it a coil that says "subaru" on it,...the real OEM?

I would think such would work on any 1999-2005, legacy or impreza 2.2 or 2.5.

and a few times a month there is someone here with a bad one,...like they bought a car with a bad one on it. (so used OEM and free is very good )

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
21 Posts
I would greatly appreciate if I could take this off of your hands. I'm currently working on a 2002 2.5 Outback for my younger brother. It has a lot of miles on it, and he lives very far away. Trying to prep this thing so that he shouldn't have many problems. Please feel free to PM me. I will PM you as well. Thank You.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just tried to PM you, but it will not let me because my post count is too low. I do apologize. Please feel free to email me at [email protected]. thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you very much for your help Seth. Very much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.