Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original owner's manual with case for a 1997 Outback Legacy that is free to good home. Well almost free...you pay shipping. Should be about $5.00 postage. I also have a Haynes Manual for a 1990-1999 Subaru Legacy....brand new. Just got the plastic off of it when my son wrecked the car we got for him to drive. Haynes manual is $15.00 and I'll cover shipping.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ill take the owners manual

and ill paypal you the shipping cost, no maybes about it. let me know ill subscribe to this forum and watch my email.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Free; 1997 Legacy Owner's "stuff"

Just in case someone else wants one, I have it. The whole faux leather bound thing. (the things one finds when cleaning the garage...)
Free, you pay the postage.

·
Registered
'96 Legacy Outback Wagon 2.2
25 Posts
Hi, This is the manual with, so to say, has every nut and bolt explained bumper to bumper? If that is what we are talking about, I sure would be interested. Thank you

·
Registered
133 Posts
Haynes manuals definitely do not cover every nut and bolt bumper to bumper. They are handy references (although not as handy with the advent of this interwebs thingy) and have useful information, but they have limited pictures and more words because they cover numerous models/variations.

You are better off using an electronic copy of the factory service manual (FSM) of your '96 wagon which does give a blow-by-blow recipe for every maneuver you will need to do a service/repair.

Having the Haynes is another reference item, but it wouldn't be my first choice for repair info.

·
Registered
'96 Legacy Outback Wagon 2.2
25 Posts
Wow, thanks. I was not aware of an electric service manual. I will look into that foe sure. I would think it would be a lot easier than the reference area at the library. Thanks again.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow, thanks. I was not aware of an electric service manual. I will look into that foe sure.
Secret decoder ring hint: You may want to start your search by clicking on the link in my post above!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts