Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !!
I am new here and i just buy an outback 2007 ( i live in dominican republic).
The cruise control do't work and at start engine no cruise ligth on (only set ligth)

I checked wirh freesmm softaware and here the result :

FreeSSM v1.2.5
Tuesday, 23. April 2013, 18:52:
Control Unit: Engine
System Type: 2.5L SOHC
ROM-ID: 4B 22 14 80 07
Registered VIN: 4S4BP62C277302594
Temporary Diagnostic Trouble Code(s):
----- No Trouble Codes -----
Memorized Diagnostic Trouble Code(s):
P0037 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
Latest Cancel Code(s):
64 Engine Sensor Failure 1
Memorized Cancel Code(s):
64 Engine Sensor Failure 1

The 64 engine sensor failure 1 ,is in the Cruise control section........

...well really need help...here mecanics always say: That is only for US owner...here not necesary !!!!!

Thank you anyway and sorry for my bad english !!!

Italo

·
Registered
18,285 Posts
For North American Outbacks, the DTC 64 is indicating that the cruise function was "cancelled" because of a malfunction in the engine.

"DTC 64 Malfunction related to engine is detected."

This might be related to the P0037. The P0037 is a memorized (inactive) code. Use FreeSSM to clear the code(s), and then see if the cruise control function resumes.

If not, it could be a broken connection in the clockspring connector (under the steering wheel). There was a similar case here not too long ago: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...cs/49031-2006-outback-cruise-not-working.html

By the way, I didn't realize that FreeSSM can show Cruise Control diagnostic trouble codes. That's a plus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much !!!
I'll try to clear code and i'll see what happen....thank you again,i know that i can have more posibility to resolve my car problem with forum help that from a mecanic here in RD !!
Well ,subaru dealer can help but....you go with a bulb ligth burned...and they change 1/2 car !!!!
Thyank you,i ll back here with news about my problem!!

Ahhhh "By the way, I didn't realize that FreeSSM can show Cruise Control diagnostic trouble codes. That's a plus." really i don't know...i clicked on Cruise control and i could see the error report!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi !!
Today clear the message code memorizeded with fressm .......but cruise control light is not on when i put ignition swith on.....only set light.

I think,after read the link http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...cs/49031-2006-outback-cruise-not-working.html .......that i have same problem,i'll ask to a dealer here if they can help me with check clockspring.......or i 'll need buy it in US and change it for myself :(.

ty !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts