Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem is very annoying on long trips.

My wife and I just drove our 98 OB from IN to CA and back.
Several times, without any regard for octane, automatic transmission in D or 3, cruise control in use or not, 100 ft. to 6,000 ft. elevation, cold engine, warm engine, hot engine in the desert, humidity, or atmospheric pressure, this problem could occur.

The car feels like I've lifted my foot off of the accelerator for about one second, then I've applied pressure again. I've been in a car when someone drives like that before, and it's very annoying to have your own car doing it to you!:rolleyes:

I've consulted with a dealer service department, and let a guy drive it down the road. Unfortunately, it didn't perform it's problem for the man. I'm supposed to drop it by (he's the nearest dealer at 62 miles away), when it's having the trouble, or leave it for them at $41/hr diagnostic charge.

Does anyone else have some guesses or experience with this?
Any questions for me that could help you guess?

Tadd

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
I don't know, I never heard of anything quite like that before. Maybe time for a fuel filter, or some maint/repair on the pump?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would have to agree. It sounds like the engine isn't getting fuel for those few seconds. Try replacing the fuel filter if it hasnt been changed in a while. Otherwise it could certainly be a fuel pump issue. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
lukeg199
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing