Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
09 Legacy GT, 08 Legacy 2.5i, 09 Outback 2.5i
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to remove the front bumper for headlight replacement but I cannot figure out how it is held on. All the plastic snaps on the bottom and top are removed. Still seems like there are fasteners somewhere that I cannot see. 2009 Outback.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 2 through the lower grill mounting points...There are also slips as it joins the fender...bumper pulls out away from the center of the car.
I see no fasteners in the lower grill area except for two that are for the underbody panels. Are the ones I need off at the far edges left/right or...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fastener #15 looks to be right on the top and this is removed. There must be some fastener that is just underneath the headlights that I cannot find...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found it...

There are two plastic snap-in fasteners under the front wheel well covers at the far rear edge where the bumper and fender seam is. Removed these, pulled the bumper from the fender snaps and the bumper dropped off.

Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i
There are two plastic snap-in fasteners under the front wheel well covers at the far rear edge where the bumper and fender seam is. Removed these, pulled the bumper from the fender snaps and the bumper dropped off.
Yup...was gonna ask if you removed the 2 plastic pop rivets under the front fender liners at the ends of the front bumper. Those are usually missed since they are kinda hidden. Glad you figured it out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts