Subaru Outback Forums banner

Front camera displays blue screen and backup camera is not working

304 6
Has anyone else had this issue? The front screen is always blue and the rear one has about a 30-second delay before it turns on.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XT Touring Popular package #2 OEM Hitch
799 Posts
Nope never had that. I know the back camera has a setting some place about delay time.... I just can't rember if it's in the dealer screen or the users side settings.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT
189 Posts
Has anyone else had this issue? The front screen is always blue and the rear one has about a 30-second delay before it turns on.
It would be very helpful if you would update your profile to include the year and model Subaru you have.

Like the others, I have never seen these camera screens.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
19,533 Posts
Been monitoring the forum for 3 years and I haven't seen anyone else with a blank front camera display - blue screen with lines.

While there's a slim chance that the latest USB infotainment software update from October 2022 will fix your issues, this may need a visit to the dealership for diagnosis.

It's possible that your front camera connection is poor or disconnected or that the front camera is defective, if it never turns on. You also might need a new "cockpit control unit".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been monitoring the forum for 3 years and I haven't seen anyone else with a blank front camera display - blue screen with lines.

While there's a slim chance that the latest USB infotainment software update from October 2022 will fix your issues, this may need a visit to the dealership for diagnosis.

It's possible that your front camera connection is poor or disconnected or that the front camera is defective, if it never turns on. You also might need a new "cockpit control unit".
Thanks for the replies. It is a 2020 Onyx. The CCU has already been replaced about 6 months ago. I will try the update and report back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts