Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Onyx Edition XT
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Front camera no longer turns on.
I press the button and nothing happens. I figure it’s one of two things the button is simply broken or a recent software update was the wrong update and it disabled an included feature. I don’t use the camera very often when I do it’s always that I’m trying to get closer to something while Parking. Has anyone heard of this problem? I do have an appointment.

Also, In the menus I see no settings at all for the front camera.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,644 Posts
Mine still works. First I've seen this reported - Not aware of front camera settings even when it works. Interested in the outcome!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine still works. First I've seen this reported - Not aware of front camera settings even when it works. Interested in the outcome!
Thank you, I know you’re on top of these things. I’ll definitely update you next week when I know more. I tow my MX-5 behind my Outback now, so it’s much easier to drop off the Outback.

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
806 Posts
Mark, it might be worth a trip to your dealership, or if you have the car there for servicing, have them check out the front camera.

·
Registered
2021 XT Touring Popular package #2 OEM Hitch
344 Posts
No issues with mine. Been using it every day with my dirt roads and flooding rains in PA.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I brought the car in; apparently, they really didn't explain how this could happen, the connector directly to the camera became unplugged. They said they cleaned it and put it back to other and the part seemed to be fine. I am surprised that the button didn't at least bring you to a blank screen. Regardless, simple fix. I hope that the reason for this is it just wasn't "clicked" in during assembly. This would mean the problem is not not likely to come back.

So, if it happens to you, check the connector to the camera and the connector to the switch as well. (As long as it is out of warrenty.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts