Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone encountered an issue where your window won’t roll up? I have a 2020 limited and sometimes when I move the switch the front driver side window will roll up about an inch then roll back down. This happens almost every time it’s raining, and sometimes when it’s not but it’s rare. Pretty frustrating as it takes about a minute to resolve itself and my interior gets wet. I’ll have had it for a year on June 11th so hopefully it’s still covered by warranty? Any ideas anyone? Video here

·
Premium Member
2022 Grey Outback Premium
337 Posts
Sounds like water is getting into a switch/connection. Take it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,804 Posts
There is a TSB for the window regulator that probably applies to your car - the dealer can fix it.

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
1,147 Posts
There is a TSB for the window regulator that probably applies to your car - the dealer can fix it.
This thread reminded me that I need to get mine taken care of. Also the squeaking door weatherstrip tsb.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Outback Touring XT
241 Posts
It happened to me once for only a moment on my 2021. Maybe a couple attempts then went up. Don't remember it raining or anything out of the ordinary. Thought it was a glitch and had forgotten about it until now. If it happens again I will mention it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited and 2015 Forester Limited
350 Posts
Has anyone encountered an issue where your window won’t roll up? I have a 2020 limited and sometimes when I move the switch the front driver side window will roll up about an inch then roll back down. This happens almost every time it’s raining, and sometimes when it’s not but it’s rare. Pretty frustrating as it takes about a minute to resolve itself and my interior gets wet. I’ll have had it for a year on June 11th so hopefully it’s still covered by warranty? Any ideas anyone? Video here
This happened to me while on a road trip last winter when snow/ice got in the window track. I drove 100 miles to the nearest dealer where the service technician cleaned the track and had the window functioning properly within 10 minutes. This was before the Service Bulletin was released. Since then I've had no problem with the window. But I will have my dealer look at this when I have my 2020 Outback Limited in for the major 30,000 mile service.

·
Premium Member
2020 Premium Tungsten metallic w/ option pkg 15 and tow hitch, foot illumination lights, skid plates
113 Posts
True confession.
I removed the labels from my drivers side window and figured I would remove the adhesive from the glass later... but forgot. The window started acting funny and I was cursing Subaru until I noticed the adhesive. Removed it and everything became fine, LOL. But yours is definitely a different problem. Just thought you might enjoy a laugh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts