Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 3.6r Touring
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a clunk towards the front right of the vehicle since I installed the Flatout suspension coilovers. It’s mostly at slower speeds going over small bumps. Originally I thought it was a bad end link on the sway bar so I ordered beefier rallyteck ones. I then decided to remove the front and rear sway bars altogether and adjust the coilovers a little higher to match the back height. The front is sitting at 6.5 from the top of the tire to the fender and the rear is at 7”(this is not the lift height lol). I’m just trying to figure out what the clunk is because it is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you double checked the 3 nuts that secure your Coilovers to the strut tower? if these are not torqued all the way down or one has come a little loose it can cause a very similar clunk to and end link. I had this happen one time and it took me a long time to finally find the clunk. But from what you describe it could be the answer to your problem.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
56 Posts
Can’t help you with the problem but I’m looking at the Flatout myself. Outside of the clunk what are you thoughts on it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts