Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently purchased an 06 outback limited,the front interior overhead lights wont come on when the door is opened or when the switch is turned to on at the dash,they work when manually pressed. What should I look for?

·
Registered
18,154 Posts
Referring to the two "map lights" above the rear view mirror? On the 2006 they do not come on when the doors are opened; they only work with their individual switches next to the lights. (Also, they are always powered, so if they are turned on, they will stay on even when the car is shut down and closed.) Page 6-3 and 6-4 in your Owners Manual.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
In later model years these lights were rewired to activate along with the dome light, but for 2005-2006 they are totally independent.

A few owners have figured out how to modify the old ones to work like the new ones. I think there is still a good how-to thread on legacygt.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
In later model years these lights were rewired to activate along with the dome light, but for 2005-2006 they are totally independent.

A few owners have figured out how to modify the old ones to work like the new ones. I think there is still a good how-to thread on legacygt.
I'ma go hunt for that now. Was wondering about that on our 06.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts