Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R Premium
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My driver's side power seat just went out, anyone know where the fuse is? I checked the owner's manual and it didn't say, neither did the fuse box covers (both interior and exterior). Just tried searching for it, and can't seem to find it.

I'm hoping it's not something big, just the fuse, since both the adjuster switches and the lumbar support switches went out at the same time. Seat heater still works though.

I have a 2012 3.6R Premium.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18,728 Posts
The related fuse is probably SBF-11 (30 Amps) in the main fuse box (engine compartment).

Does your car have a power right side seat? If so, check it. If it works, then the fuse is good because it provides power to both seats.

If the fuse is good, and all the driver seat functions and the lumbar function don't work, check the connectors under the seat.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R Premium
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I don't have a passenger side power seat, so no way to verify. I guess I can just pull the fuse to check then.

·
Registered
2014 Outback Limited, interior led, HID low beam, valentine one, clear bra- next is the torklift hitch
25 Posts
Had mine go out as well. Took it in twice before they realized the motor was gone.

·
Registered
18,728 Posts
Had mine go out as well. Took it in twice before they realized the motor was gone.
There's a total of 5 motors in the power seat: slide (foreward-backward), recline (slope of the backrest), tilt (slope of the bottom), lift (seat height), and the lumbar position.

Each motor has it's own control switch, but all the switches are powered from the same incoming 12 V. If one motor fails, then at least some, if not all, of the others should still work. But if all the motors don't work, it's more likely that the 12 V power to them has been lost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replaced the Fuse in my power seat and new one instantly blew out

All of the buttons on my power seat stopped working and when I replace the fuse, it blows out instantly. What could this be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The back of the front passenger power seat is reclined and switch does not work. Any way to get it back up without the power assist control switch? If not, how can I check the control switch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2012 legacy and they told me that the fuse was good but its a bad motor in the driver seat and it was taking out the fuse and hence causing both the front seats not to function. The motor cost is $950, sounds like a lot for a small dc motor

·
Registered
1 Posts
The related fuse is probably SBF-11 (30 Amps) in the main fuse box (engine compartment).

Does your car have a power right side seat? If so, check it. If it works, then the fuse is good because it provides power to both seats.

If the fuse is good, and all the driver seat functions and the lumbar function don't work, check the connectors under the seat.
In my 2013 Outback 3.6, I just replaced SBF-11 to get the front power seats working. Thank you for posting the location. I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts