Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the oil today on my 2011 Outback (~26,250 miles) and noticed that both of the front rubber bushings to the front stabilizer bar are completely cracked all the way across.

I will be scheduling an appointment on Monday to get them replaced. Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
91 Posts
I changed the oil today on my 2011 Outback (~26,250 miles) and noticed that both of the front rubber bushings to the front stabilizer bar are completely cracked all the way across.
Nick,

Are you sure you are not looking at the 'split' that is supposed to be on each bushing so they can be installed over the sway bar without removing it?

Here is a video showing the required and normal split in similar bushings:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nick,

Are you sure you are not looking at the 'split' that is supposed to be on each bushing so they can be installed over the sway bar without removing it?
Thank you very much. That's exactly what I noticed. I guess I'm not as familiar with my car as I should be.

Much appreciated!

Regards,
Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
NickH
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing