Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initial opinion is favorable. Well cast with good surfaces. No bubbles or voids.
These are not made in China. They are designed, made and sold by forum member @traildogck

Will update after install.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The condition of my old bushings makes it impossible to do any objective comparison as to how much better they are over an OEM bushing. The old ones had worn so much they were just along for the ride.

After a 30 mile test drive on some Virginia Byways and a 5 mile gravel road I did not hear any more Thunking and Knocking over uneven surfaces. For the longest time I thought it was coming from strut mounts.
The steering now feels a slight bit heavier while initiating turns.

EDIT: 2 weeks and 3 tanks of gas later and the thunking and knocking has not returned a single time

Reactions: eagleeye

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,693 Posts
If you lick yours they taste like blueberry. I have the Midnight and those taste like licorice. The first 75d set was green and tasted like the perfect jalapeno.

I don't know how he does it but he does.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you lick yours they taste like blueberry. I have the Midnight and those taste like licorice. The first 75d set was green and tasted like the perfect jalapeno.

I don't know how he does it but he does.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
Please Don't Lick The Bushings

Please Don't Lick The Bushings

The SuperLube grease I now include IS food-grade. The urethane is not at all toxic when cured. However the release agent is probably:nerd::nerd: not healthy. Now if I could oilve-oil and spices as a dry (talc) type release agent, the @Rub might on to something.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just used some Finish Line Teflon grease. Should hold up. No squeaks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts