Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2001 outback base, when I press in on the spray button I can hear the pump start, but nothing comes out of the front sprayers. When I twist the knob for the back, liquid comes out.

Any idea where I can start troubleshooting?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Check the lines below the hood that lead to the sprayer nozzle, there is a good access point right on the drivers side rear of the hood where the line goes up, if you get fluid there, try taking a needle and cleaning the sprayers themself.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Front pump and lines are all pretty easy to inspect. You can follow the hose from the nozzles all the way back to the pump without pulling anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, and that turned out to be an easy fix. The connection at the access point had fallen off. Slid it back together and everything works great.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
If your washer reservoir is filled with pure water, or a mix with too much water vs cleaner, you can have freezing of the fluid in the line which can push the line right off of the fittings.

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
It can also still be a bad pump. Easy enough to swap lines from one pump to another to see if it squirts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
nipper
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing