Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my front windows are open, whether it's just a crack or completely down, I hear a ticking noise in the door. There is no pattern to the sound and it happens randomly. It does it whether I'm stopped at a light or driving.

Is anyone else hearing this?

Full disclosure, the two front windows have been tinted (by a reputable shop), and this being the first car I've had windows tinted in I don't if maybe this is a side effect of the added weight (even though it's minimal) of the tint? From what I know of how tint is installed they just cut the sheet, wet it, slide it into place and then squeegee the water out until the film adheres- so it's not like they had to open my doors or anything.

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,947 Posts
Maybe the motor is sticking on and there's a safety clutch slipping.

Lower the window and pull the window fuse, or lower the window without using the auto-down feature.

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the motor is sticking on and there's a safety clutch slipping.

Lower the window and pull the window fuse, or lower the window without using the auto-down feature.
I think if it was the motor the sound would be louder and much more consistent, this the frequency of the tick sound increases and decreases randomly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts