Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Brown 2008 2 5I standard
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st time blogger, I hope I followed all the rules.

I had a front end 5 to 10 MPH collision with my brown 08 Outback 2 5I manual transmission w 80K miles. Would it be better to repair or replace it?
Can the Outback take a lick and and be repaired without future problems?
i.e if it was your car what would you do? A heads up would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
It depends on how much damage was done. If you like your OB and it's just cosmetic damage to the bumper it's not a very pricey fix. Just remember that a damaged car isn't worth much. If you want a new one, get a new one.

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
80,000 miles if its in good shape other wise - the damage if your speeds are right should be very minimal. Fix it run it another 20K put a timing belt in it and run it another 80,000 miles

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,304 Posts
Thread moved to correct forum.

·
Registered
Brown 2008 2 5I standard
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It depends on how much damage was done. If you like your OB and it's just cosmetic damage to the bumper it's not a very pricey fix. Just remember that a damaged car isn't worth much. If you want a new one, get a new one.
Thank you Paul for your reply: The air bags came out and hood bent up.
The first and best option is to fix it. Because It's almost paid for.
The real question was: can I expect the car to run mechanically as before the damage? Will I be sorry if I get it repaired? I am told by the dealers it can be fixed as good as new.
So I got my answer. Fix it. Unless the good people of the form tell me different.

·
Registered
2010 OBW limited 2.5 CVT
1,602 Posts
Fix it. That is nothing. Too bad about the Airbags, though. That alone adds a couple grand in repaires.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,304 Posts
Have it inspected by a reputable body shop.

All we can do is guess.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
It really depends on the impact. As long as everything is straight and nothing mechanical was moved you won't be able to tell the difference. The only real thing that would bug me would be the finish mismatch on your paint job. They can match the color but whatever gets painted will be shinier than the rest unless you take really good care of your paint and park it in a garage.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
I would at least get it fixed first - insurance deducable is a lot cheaper then a new car. Once you get it fixed, drive it, and if you don't feel it's the same anymore trade it in for a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts