Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on this. Outback XT '06. Entire center console (sound system and climate control) froze up and and NOTHING can be changed, with everything frozen in it's position. Radio station won't change and climate control locked on. The only button that works is radio on/off/volume. Clock works but I assume that's a different circuit. Checked all fuses under hood and dash even though it doesn't seem like a fuse issue (given it has power). Were coming into autumn and the A/C is going to get old fast. Thanks for any help and to anyone that took the time to read this.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,781 Posts
try disconnecting the neg battery term. , stepping on the the brake pedal, wait a few minutes, reconnect.

? I have no idea if it will help - cheap/easy to try.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
Yeah, I'd start with "power cycling" the car, disconnecting the battery.

I've heard some issues exist with the system where the displays no longer work. The front controls are attached to the radio with pressure connectors inside and I've seen where they can work loose over time. Maybe also try pressing on the front of the unit itself, around the edges and in the center, not on the buttons but the face.

Also, be aware that when you disconnect the battery it will cause your engine to relearn all the fuel trimmings and may cause it to run rough for a day or two.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,781 Posts
there could be a fuse you could pull that would do the same thing without resetting the ECU. I just don't know which fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts