Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5L Manual
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All from a 2002 2.5L MT car. I have noted any issues, otherwise all parts are in great condition. I have tried to be fair on the pricing, but make me an offer on anything you are interested in, I'd like to move this stuff. Shipping extra and pick-up welcome. Thanks for looking.

ECM with cover -$60

Instrument cluster and cover - $30

Head unit/CD changer/climate control assembly - $40

Heater core assembly - $30

Glove box - $15

Third brake light assembly - $15

Coil pack and used NGK wires - $20

Steering column upper and lower trim/cover pieces - $10

Factory door speakers set of 4 - $10

Interior trim - $5 each or $50 for all

Passenger airbag - $75

Front seats tan - $50

Dash and console wood trim with switches - $15
One mounting stud missing from the gearstick surround piece, otherwise good condition

Trunk and hatch panels with storage bins and covers - $30
Some dents and minor wear. Hatch panel has a small rip and a crack in the plastic part

Trunk floor inserts and cover - $40

Spare wheel - $30
Some wear

Jack and tools - $15

Passenger side vent - $5

Fuel door Timberline Green - $10

Air intake assembly - $10
It has been riveted together in a few places but functional

Passenger side mirror - $10
Dirty but complete

Washer fluid reservoir and pumps - $10
Coolant overflow reservoir - $5

Tail lights and hatch lights assembly - $30
tail lights have some minor cracks in, water doesn't get in though

Grab handles x 4 -$5
One of them is missing one of the little brass tabs

Ash tray and cig lighter blank - $4

Outback and AWD badges - $4
couple of the locating studs missing

Owners manual and cover - $8
Manual got wet but all the pages are there

Sun visors x 2 - $10
Eleasic stretched but otherwise complete and useable

Hatch lock assembly and strike - $15

Misc parts - $2 each

·
Registered
2002 Outback Sedan 3.0L H6 VDC & 2008 Legacy STi Spec.B
36 Posts
Wow, now this is the way to list and sell parts! Good luck with sale, I'll send pictures tomorrow of the trim pieces I need, I'm on a tablet and can't tell, is the dashboard tan or grey?

GLWS,

Adam

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
A goodly portion of Mal's current interior came from Disco's part out.

Reactions: DiscoSquirrel

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,104 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5L Manual
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, now this is the way to list and sell parts! Good luck with sale, I'll send pictures tomorrow of the trim pieces I need, I'm on a tablet and can't tell, is the dashboard tan or grey?

GLWS,

Adam
Thanks, trying to make it easy for everyone!

I don't have a complete dashboard, but it was grey, so pieces I have such as airbag cover and the vent are grey. Hope that helps. Please send me pictures of what you need and I'll see if I have them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Sedan 3.0L H6 VDC & 2008 Legacy STi Spec.B
36 Posts
This is the part I need but it's tan, I swear the pieces you have are tan as well as grey. Can you confirm this is the right color, else nevermind...

Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5L Manual
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the part I need but it's tan, I swear the pieces you have are tan as well as grey. Can you confirm this is the right color, else nevermind...

Adam
Ok yeah if I had that piece it would have been tan, but I don't as it was in worse shape than your's, sorry.

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5L Manual
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keyless entry unit, floor mats and tie downs sold. Everything else still available. I'm open to offers. Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5L Manual
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everything shown still available. Make me an offer on anything you are interested in, I'd like to move this stuff to make space. Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,692 Posts
I'll take the hatch lock assembly and the coil pack. Don't have an immediate need for them, but they'll be great as spares.

What is a cigarette lighter "blank"? My 01 OB is missing the lighter.

How 'bout the door locks and hatch lock? I'm not sure if my locks are worn or if it is the key, but they are a pita to open with the key (have to wiggle the key a lot, and the hatch lock won't turn by the key at all).

The ECM could make a good spare as well, assuming that it is flashed correctly for an '01 OB 2.5 AT Limited.

PM me.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,104 Posts
I'll take the hatch lock assembly and the coil pack. Don't have an immediate need for them, but they'll be great as spares.

What is a cigarette lighter "blank"? My 01 OB is missing the lighter.

How 'bout the door locks and hatch lock? I'm not sure if my locks are worn or if it is the key, but they are a pita to open with the key (have to wiggle the key a lot, and the hatch lock won't turn by the key at all).

The ECM could make a good spare as well, assuming that it is flashed correctly for an '01 OB 2.5 AT Limited.

PM me.
locks like WD40,...a whole lot of WD40. and working it in with the key, in and out of the lock, and trying to turn it with more wd40.

rear handle latches get impacted with dust,

disesemble lube up with white lithium or graphite spray, and it might work as it should for a year. but your thumb hopfully will last a lifetime.
(and I can remember opening a 1986 subaru wagon, that acts just like my 2002,.
..squeeze open handle with fingers, shove it back in place with thumb, close hatch).

(white lithium or graphite sprays don't suck up more dust like WD40 does, in places that are dusty.)

·
Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,692 Posts
My '96 hatch latch works the same way - you have to push it back in before closing. I haven't taken it apart yet, but the whole handle is rusty, so I suspect that it may be the rust that is the culprit. The '01 is a bit stiff, but not as bad - the spare assembly may come in handy after a few more winters if indeed it is rust that is the issue.

Haven't gone the lube route yet on the key locks - you are probably correct. If that works, I'll treat them with my Nanolub grease mixture.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
You don't by chance have the exterior plastic panels and a rear spoiler?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,104 Posts
My '96 hatch latch works the same way - you have to push it back in before closing. I haven't taken it apart yet, but the whole handle is rusty, so I suspect that it may be the rust that is the culprit. The '01 is a bit stiff, but not as bad - the spare assembly may come in handy after a few more winters if indeed it is rust that is the issue.

Haven't gone the lube route yet on the key locks - you are probably correct. If that works, I'll treat them with my Nanolub grease mixture.
dust can hold moisture against metal. at least WD40 "displaces the water = WD ", away from the metal before it gets dusty on top.

and 1996 era things ...plenty of rust where you can't see it, the last thing that will happen to it is the struts and springs will bust through the fenders into the hatch.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
dust can hold moisture against metal. at least WD40 "displaces the water = WD ", away from the metal before it gets dusty on top.

and 1996 era things ...plenty of rust where you can't see it, the last thing that will happen to it is the struts and springs will bust through the fenders into the hatch.

Surprisingly, the only body rust is the left rear wheel well and the bottoms of the front doors - both problems are being addressed slowly ( have a project I need to get tested well before the Olympics this winter). Surprisingly, the undersides are as clean as they can be - even looking from the interior ( with the interior panels removed while I work on the wheel well).

The Nanolub is a nanoparticle lube that once applied and worked in, will permanently protect the parts much much better than moly or teflon - the carrier grease ( a lithium complex) can then be flushed out so the the lock is actually dry on the inside, but lubricated. Rather interesting stuff.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.