Subaru Outback Forums banner

FS 2000 Legacy Outback, Greenville, NC

797 2
So here's the deal. The car is in Greenville, NC and is in need of more work to get it running. I had the timing belt, water pump, and head gasket all replaced in February. Then, the timing belt came off and the tensioner rod busted up some of the internal gaskets- maybe pistons, the mechanics don't know for sure and I'm not willing to pay $1500 to figure it out. Internally the car is pretty great for a 2000. The car is white with tan leather seats. I just put brand new tires on it in May. I'm willing to give it away for practically nothing- it just needs a good home with someone that has more repair knowledge than I. It would have to be towed out of where it's located. I have asked the shop to send me some pictures. Oh! It's a manual transmission, dual moon roofs, power driver seat, heated front seats, power windows. The picture I've attached is not the actual vehicle but it gives you an idea.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
updated thread title,

weird that the timing belt came off if you replace the water pump, (as the water pump is usually in a timing belt kit, that comes with the tensioner / idlers/ pulleys ).

please detail any rust. (NC cars should have very little if any, although plenty of cars owned for a long time in the north have found their way there).

miles on the car?

edit:
@AWDFTW would you be interested in cars like this,...that you could maybe part your own H4 power plant into?
(eastern NC, is not rusty Maine).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.