Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah.

I've put some miles on this thing, and I'm likely shifting to something about a decade newer with about half as many miles on it, but I'll give y'all the chance to snatch it up if you'd like.

2001 Outback H6/VDC, red over gold.
~215k miles, reman'd Subaru OEM transmission installed at ~160k, fluid still bright and clean. Engine oil always full and clean at change time. New cats/exhaust bits last summer.
1" Rallitek lift package via KYB shocks and custom heavier duty/taller springs.

Some clunky suspension noise from worn bushings or links on the rear end. Got some rust by the rear wheels and a moderate hole in the driver's side back door dog leg.
Any and all weird problems are likely found brought up, discussed, and solved on this forum. Maintenance history from 120k on up available through MySubaru and can be printed off/emailed/etc.

If you're really into audio equipment, I can leave the existing stereo (equipment in signature) in there for a premium (about 2/3 to 3/4 of what it cost to put in), and same with the dash cam, otherwise the McIntosh gear goes back in with only two Focal Access coaxials in the front doors.

I want this thing to move, so make me an offer. Bank checks or cash only. Pickup only, might not have plates on it by the time it's sold.

I'll get some more NEW pictures once it's back getting its guts cleaned out from some bad fuel (will provide proof this issue has been resolved, see other thread).

Gotta be properly honest about its current state, yo.

Questions? Let me know.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car's repaired, operational, and I'm just cleaning my stuff out of it at the moment. Any bites yet?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want it but have enough projects at the moment.

Give me a bit though.

I'd hold it for you, too, though... long as you make a video about whatever it is you'd do with it.

·
Brucey
9,629 Posts
I don't want dibs but if no one else bites it is tempting.

Working on the Baja VDC all week.

I love working on Gen 2s anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're the first serious interest yet, on or off these forums.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Price Drop: $2,200/offer

As it shows. I've started to take more stuff apart and I'm realizing that plastics and trims are in a little worse shape than I expected and there's a lot of work to remove all the wires and crap I started out with. I'll drop it a little bit as incentive to buy it with amplifier wiring, etc. still in it but disconnected.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*bump*

*wiggles the lure*

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still available?

For sure. A co-worker is borrowing it for the week, but it is available and still operable.

Stereo, however, is not, for some bloody reason. If you've got any questions or would like to come see it, feel free to DM me.

·
Brucey is a Tool of the Devil !
25,282 Posts
@Zedhead had a son that wrecked a bean....maybe would be interested in such a VDC car.....=harder to wreck,....and maybe still has the Bean parts car if need be.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. @eagleeye

The one my son totaled was a H4 LTD. The engine from that car is in my daughters Foz. She over heated the OEM engine when in Az. last summer. Spun a rod bearing when she got home. (thank goodness she made it back to Mn.)

My son is currently driving a heavily rusted 00 base. But, he's got a summer job lined up in the Fla. Keys for the summer. We're planning a trip down there while he's working. Gonna keep my eyes open for a decent (rust free) 2nd gen for him while we're down that way.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you get my PM?
**** me, I did not.

Also, I may end up selling it to this kid that just annihilated his Civic. If that falls through, try to get in touch again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One more bump. 1500 comes and drives it off.

·
Brucey
9,629 Posts
This is a super good buy.

Someone please get it.

It's almost worth it just for the parts alone.

How clicky is your VDC steering angle sensor?

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that the bit inside the steering wheel that makes noise when you turn? Mine's more like a creak and less like a clicky noise. Consistent but not loud. Been that way the whole time I've had the car, interestingly.

No radio still cuz the factory stuff isn't working, but if someone needs it to seal the deal, I can put a cheap bluetooth unit in it.

Y'all come get you some.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump.

Keeping this thing insured is getting expensive.

It has a (small) lift kit, c'mon, come get it and do something fun.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.