Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0-H6 AWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first post, someone on the Miata forum linked here and it occurred to me that this may be a good place to sell my Subaru. :D The only reason I am selling the car is that I recently started doing track days and I need another manual car as a back up just in case I crash my in-progress race car. :D So here we go.

2002 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0-H6

VIN # 4S3BE896827210503

Automatic
Leather seats
Moonroof
Heated side mirrors
Auto-dim rear view mirror
128,xxx miles
All regular maintenance
New tires put at 109,000 with a 90,000-mile warranty from Discount Tire
Inspection sticker valid until 10/2013
Excellent mechanical condition, normal wear and tear otherwise, no dents in the body.

Asking $4,700 obo, clean title in hand.

Never shipped a car before, prefer to sell locally.

PM or email me at [email protected].

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I know it is rare in TX, I have never seen another Outback Sedan here. :D I would love to keep the car but just cannot justify having three cars for a single person. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price drop from $5,500 to $5,000 obo as I found a Miata I would like to buy!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Negotiated the price on the Miata, another price drop on the Subaru, somebody take her home please! :D

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,551 Posts
try posting it at ultimatesubaru.org and the Texas section at NASIOC .

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,289 Posts
Price drop to $5,000 obo as I found a Miata I would like to buy!
You started @ 4700. That a price hike. LOL.

I have one of my customers that may be interested in buying it. Do you still have it? I will forward your e-mail to him. He likes to pay cash, but he will also prefer to bring it to Austin for me to check it out thoroughly unless you have all the records. ( I check all his cars and his older kids cars before he buys. He has purchased 3 Subarus in the last 1.5 years for him and his kids and is looking for another.)

And, it's not rare in Austin. Subarus all over the place. There are 3 H6 sedans just in Pflugerville where my shop is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You started @ 4700. That a price hike. LOL.

I have one of my customers that may be interested in buying it. Do you still have it? I will forward your e-mail to him. He likes to pay cash, but he will also prefer to bring it to Austin for me to check it out thoroughly unless you have all the records. ( I check all his cars and his older kids cars before he buys. He has purchased 3 Subarus in the last 1.5 years for him and his kids and is looking for another.)
Started at $5500, bad editing on my part, sorry. :D

I purchased the car a little over 2 years ago from a small dealership in Marietta, GA. I have all the maintenance records since I have owned it. I can scan all the maintenance records and email you guys if it makes it easier, some highlights:

9/10/2010 - 107,663 miles - 27 point complimentary inspection at a Subaru dealer, no problems found, installed the auto-dim rear view mirror as the original one leaked.

9/21/2010 - 109,000 - new tires (got a flat when going back from GA to TX, replaced all the 4 tires)

2/10/2011 - 112,121 - regular checkup (oil change, etc), replaced valve cover gasket and front struts, paid $1,168 in parts and labor :gasp:

8/11/2011 - 117,348 - oil change

10/31/2011 - new front seat belts installed

12/8/2011 - 121,978 - oil change, new transmission fluid, left front CV axle replaced, new front brake pads, brake flush

? - 123,632 - new front brake pads

3/15/2012 - 124,529 - loose starter wire, spark plug seals, no oil change needed

10/15/2012 - 127,458 - oil change, new rear brake pads

Last time I was in the shop, the owner told me the following would have to be replaced soon (but nothing urgent):

- rear control arm bushings
- front sway bar bushings
- power steering pump is weak

Other little gremlins that the car has:

- the clock on the dashboard is not illuminated - I looked into fixing it but three different shops told me they would have to take the dash apart to replace the bulb and it is not worth it - it is a small inconvenience as you cannot see the time when it is dark

- sometimes you have to hit the remote a few times to open/lock the car - I changed the battery but it still sometimes happens. I noticed the symptom occurs less frequently when I do not have on me the remote to the other car (the red one, pictured a bit in one of the photos)

- the cap from the windshield fluid is a bit cracked and right now held down by duct tape. Piece of the cap fell inside and right now the wiper fluid is not working - can be as simple and the piece inside clogging the line or maybe the windshield fluid pump had failed, no idea [The windshield washer is working now, I also ordered a replacement cap]

- interior door handle on the driver's side is a bit worn out from use

I'd rather have you guys drive here and inspect the car as much as you want, I already drove to Houston once, came back, got an offer and accepted, and never heard back from the guy. :confused: I do not put many miles on the Subaru since I bought the Mazda. We can also do a Skype/Google video call to at least give you a better idea of the car and if you are still interested we can talk, I can post more pictures too, just tell me what you want.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump, the windshield washer is working now, I think it has always worked but the washer fluid was evaporating at an increasing rate due to the broken cap. :D A replacement cap has been ordered, I will update the pictures once it gets in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.