Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XV Crosstrek
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(TRADED)FS: 2005 Outback XT base - Western MA

Sorry, not for sale anymore, I have decided to trade this in for a new Subaru...

Somewhat of a rare model in that eventually, Subaru stopped selling the base model. This AFAIK means that it comes with Cloth seats and no moonroof,

Model: 2005 Outback 2.5XT
Color: Atlantic Blue Pearl (two tone, molding and under is grey)
Interior: Off Black cloth seats (with heated seats, i.e. All-weather package)
Transmission: 5EAT automatic transmission (w/ steering wheel shift buttons (not paddleshifters))
Class II Hidden Hitch trailer (with available ball hitch)
All weather floor mats and cargo mat.
I also have the original "regular" mats which are basically in brand new condition
Compass rearview mirror
Mileage: just under 123K miles
Turbo is original and fine.
I have Thule crossbars but they are going to be removed before sale. I have the original OEM crossbars that have never been used.

Timing belt was replaced at around 105k
Right rear wheel bearing was replaced about 1000 miles ago.
I had a hole in the centerpipe of the exhaust a long time ago, I think around 70k miles that I had a local exhaust shop weld a pipe over it and it's been fine ever since.

I glanced a deer when I was in NJ (deer lived) so there is a slight dent (not even a crease) in the right rear passenger door where the deer managed to hit and the passenger side front light assembly is chipped in the corner. Light works 100% fine. As I said, the deer got up and walked away as I managed to swerve but not completely miss it.

I'd take pictures of it now but it's dark so I'll try tomorrow if I can get home from work in time.

Clean title, one owner (me).

There are some mechanical recommendations that I am told by my garage that it needs :

1)front CV joint boot is ripped, should be replaced.
2)Probably could use new shocks/struts (my opinion)
3)Battery is original but tested fine about a year ago, I expect that probably should be replaced sooner or later.
4)Slight tranny fluid leak on the cooler lines to the radiator. I had the lines itself replaced but that didn't fix it. Added some line clamps and I check the levels frequently. Am currently working the issue.

Asking price = $6500 which is just a bit more than what the blue book value is. I don't expect to get much from a dealer so checking this avenue out. Reasonable offers entertained too.

Jay

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Somewhat of a rare model in that eventually, Subaru stopped selling the base model. This AFAIK means that it comes with Cloth seats and no moonroof,

Model: 2005 Outback 2.5XT
Color: Atlantic Blue Pearl (two tone, molding and under is grey)
Interior: Off Black cloth seats (with heated seats, i.e. All-weather package)
Transmission: 5EAT automatic transmission (w/ steering wheel shift buttons (not paddleshifters))
Class II Hidden Hitch trailer (with available ball hitch)
All weather floor mats and cargo mat.
Compass rearview mirror
Mileage: just under 123K miles
Turbo is original and fine.

Timing belt was replaced at around 105k
Right rear wheel bearing was replaced about 1000 miles ago.
I had a hole in the centerpipe of the exhaust a long time ago, I think around 70k miles that I had a local exhaust shop weld a pipe over it and it's been fine ever since.

I glanced a deer when I was in NJ (deer lived) so there is a slight dent (not even a crease) in the right rear passenger door where the deer managed to hit and the passenger side front light assembly is chipped in the corner. Light works 100% fine. As I said, the deer got up and walked away as I managed to swerve but not completely miss it.

I'd take pictures of it now but it's dark so I'll try tomorrow if I can get home from work in time.

Clean title, one owner (me).

There are some mechanical recommendations that I am told by my garage that it needs :

1)front CV joint boot is ripped, should be replaced.
2)Probably could use new shocks/struts (my opinion)
3)Battery is original but tested fine about a year ago, I expect that probably should be replaced sooner or later.
4)Slight tranny fluid leak on the cooler lines to the radiator. I had the lines itself replaced but that didn't fix it. Added some line clamps and I check the levels frequently. Am currently working the issue.

Asking price = $6500 which is just a bit more than what the blue book value is. I don't expect to get much from a dealer so checking this avenue out. Reasonable offers entertained too.

Jay
Geez, I wish I could bring myself to spend the money! I'd love to pickup a reasonably priced XT--I hear they're a blast to drive (though I've never actually driven one myself).

There are very, very few XTs around here--I've probably even seen it around (I live about 20-25 minutes from Lenox).

Good luck!

·
Registered
2013 XV Crosstrek
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might have, you would recognize it. I forgot to add that I have a ton of stickers on it, mostly hiking/cycling/paddling/ related since it's basically the vehicle that gets me to my favorite haunts...

I should update my profile though, I live in Pittsfield, MA now... [edited profile!]

Jay

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
You might have, you would recognize it. I forgot to add that I have a ton of stickers on it, mostly hiking/cycling/paddling/ related since it's basically the vehicle that gets me to my favorite haunts...

I should update my profile though, I live in Pittsfield, MA now... [edited profile!]

Jay
...then I'm only about 15-20 minutes away. It's definitely possible that I've seen it, I've only seen a few XTs in general. You may have seen mine around, too...almost definitely the only all-silver '04 around here with PIAA driving lights on it.

Good luck! Wish I could bite, but when I'm trying to hoard money I really shouldn't.

·
Registered
08 Outback 2.5 Limited Auto
12 Posts
Im going to take a shot in the dark here. Any chance you would want to sell the hitch? I would need it shipped to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.