Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'09 DBM XT 5sp
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently decided to sell my 2009 XT manual, it's DBM and has been babied since the day I brought it home. Currently it just mostly sits in my driveway, under a sweet car cover I bought. Every weekend (or every other) I take her out for a spin to let her warm up and take in some pavement time. She is flawless still -- had her professionally cleaned (inc the moonroof tracks) 8 months ago and the interior is still shining. Serviced per maintenance requirements every time at my local subie dealer. No problems at any time whatsoever and the dealer has all of the service records (which can be obtained). Two adjustments I made early on were swapping for the OB nonXT spoke rims (they look way better than the stock XTs) and I had a local professional auto detailer in town cover all the interior wood grain with 3M carbon fiber. I am not a wood grain type person, and visually it turned out better than I even hoped. All standard accessories and amenities are in pristine condition (heck the roof rack has been hiding in the closet since day 1, and the hatch liner looks unused). She currently sits at 42,500 miles, and about a quarter of that came from Xmas trips each year to see my family out of state. I replaced the stock tires with Falken Ziex ZE-912 back when she was approaching 20k mi. And just last year I put in a new NAPA battery (not the base one, but the more highly rated and expensive one). And that's it. My only stipulation is that she goes to a good home, to someone who will take care of her b/c she can provide a lot in terms of safety, functionality (wagon!), and, if you're so inclined, the occasional spirited trip courtesy of the turbo. "Wait, that wagon just did whaaaat??" I am under zero financial pressure to sell her, and so I will patiently wait for serious interest and offers only. I will not respond to low-ball offers and the like -- though I can promise I will laugh at them. Which is why I'm choosing the OB forum to kick-off this search, as I presume this is essentially a family of Outback (and Subie) lovers like myself. I am going to take up-to-date pics this weekend and then post them, but in the meantime here are a few back when I first got her (she's barely changed at all):
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/63-gallery/17911-2009-ob-xt-deep-bronze-metallic.html
Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
'09 DBM XT 5sp
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow the link below for updated photos, as promised. Just took these about an hour ago.
Couple of things to mention:
If you know about Outback trims, then you already know the XT comes with all the goodies: auto climate control, moonroof, leather, power seats, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, sport bolstered front seats, etc, etc. The google can give you a complete listing.
Also, of significance, this is last year of the Outback turbo, and it's a 5-speed manual, so she is the rarest of the rare.
The leather is in pristine condition.
I was off on the mileage a bit -- in a good way -- it's just under 42,100.
Also last year I put on some Bosch windshield wipers.
The roof rack, cargo net, and cargo cover aren't pictured b/c they're in the closet -- but they come with her. (UPDATE: just remembered she also has all-weather mats and the carpeted ones are brand new.)
As you can see, the intercooler fins are in great shape -- one little ding that bothers the crap out of me (sorry for the bit of dust on the engine cover).
A bit of the bad: this car has lived its whole life in FL and has only seen snow a couple of times (during xmas), BUT if anyone's familiar with FL and the "love bug" season, then you'll know that we are doomed when it comes to keeping the front fascia as good as new, so there are some spots (I could've put on a bra, but that's a no-no with a turbo). Also, there are a couple of spots (not door dings) courtesy of the inconsiderate people who've parked by me over the years. I took a picture of the worst one for reference.
As far as price -- Black Book, KBB, etc go as high as 21,500. I'm willing to negotiate, of course, but again, the most important thing to me is she goes to a good home.
And that is everything. PM me with further questions.

Charlie For Sale Photos by g_shumway | Photobucket

·
Registered
05 Xt beatin' to an inch of its life
620 Posts
Checked out the interior, guess i'm going to be doing that carbon wrap. Looks good!

·
Registered
'09 DBM XT 5sp
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey all, it's been a month so I have broadened the posting to cars<dot>com. If you've been tempted by this beauty before but couldn't quite pull the trigger, then now is the time to act to take this lovely lady home to your driveway. It's listed for $21,000. Go ahead and make me an offer. Cheers.

·
Registered
'09 DBM XT 5sp
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She has been sold. Best wishes to TheUnderdog, a top-notch guy, and hopefully many great years with this Subie. I will miss her greatly.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Sold my old Land Cruiser the same way. The car specific forum was really the only good way to sell a clean 100% nothing to hide ride for a fair price etc.

Nice car!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.