Subaru Outback Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited with the Matte Wood Interior. Then I had the wood replaced with silver trim because although it looks nice, wood isn't me. Willing to sell the wood (brand new) for $400 - it is in perfect condition as I told the Subaru service department to avoid any damage to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably need to ask a Subaru mechanic/parts person. Anyone reading this thread have any experience with this?

·
Registered
2003 Legacy L SE
31 Posts
I can confirm that the 2013 wood trim will fit the 2012.

I've actually done it the other way around - 2012 trim into a 2013 and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome. Thanks for the info. You heard it folks - 2012 confirmed. Let the sales begin. Haha. Anyway, someone make an offer if you're interested.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
Just read on these forums someone spent $125 for a wood grain set on the forum here. Will also offer $125 delivered. E-mail me at [email protected] - I don't check forum messages.

I usually get socks for Hanukkah, but one piece a night is a good idea. Better than one sock a night :)

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i limited
212 Posts
Free bump for you....

How much did it cost for the dealership to put in the silver? I'm considering the same change myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sad to say that I paid a ridiculous $900 for parts and labor to swap them out but I REALLY didn't want the wood in there and I REALLY didn't want to void my warranty by effing something up (typically I enjoy DIY jobs like this...on something that isn't still in the first 48 hours of it's warranty). Parts were nearly 400 alone which was why my starting price was so high. Also, they are still for sale and I'd like to stay around $200 and will pay for shipping. All the other ones that were sale for lower amounts were the old wood grain as far as I can tell and I'd like to at least get a little back if possible.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i limited
212 Posts
Wow!

Well thanks for the heads up. I'm well out of warranty, so I hope to go this route and might be selling my wood trim pieces after a bit.

GLWS

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.