Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback Base
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 KYB Excel G legacy struts 2 front 2 rear bought in an attempt to lower my 04 outback... installed the front left and it works fine with stock tires ~1.5" drop but my 215/65 16 snow tires do not have enough room :banghead: . $200 local pickup in the Indianapolis area.
Front KYB 334446
Front KYB 334445
Rear x2 KYB 341275

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
4 KYB Excel G legacy struts 2 front 2 rear bought in an attempt to lower my 04 outback... installed the front left and it works fine with stock tires ~1.5" drop but my 215/65 16 snow tires do not have enough room :banghead: . $200 local pickup in the Indianapolis area.
Front KYB 334446
Front KYB 334445
Rear x2 KYB 341275
you might want to put those up on legacygt.com also. (need some pics though for that site though).

edit @Richard Pare has a 01 legacy wagon around Indianapolis

·
Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,782 Posts
Saw this ad earlier, but as I have not yet torn the suspension apart to inspect, plus the fact that I don't want to lower the car at all (getting older, and the higher seating is a plus! :) ), it is way to early for me to even consider new struts.

That's a good price for somebody, though!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
Saw this ad earlier, but as I have not yet torn the suspension apart to inspect, plus the fact that I don't want to lower the car at all (getting older, and the higher seating is a plus! :) ), it is way to early for me to even consider new struts.

That's a good price for somebody, though!
these would bolt right up to your 2001 legacy L wagon. and keep it the original height. (I think, based on the original post).

not your outback wagon. (that would typically need more of lowering kit than just struts.).

·
Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,782 Posts
OK. However, it is still too early as I have not yet determined the state of the current struts. Most likely won't get to that until maybe February - have my work platter already pretty full for the next 4 months!

Besides, I just spent a ton on stuff from CSFiend for the Legacy, and still have to pay for the motor rebuild and what I expect will be a host of other things!

·
Registered
2002 Outback Base
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. However, it is still too early as I have not yet determined the state of the current struts. Most likely won't get to that until maybe February - have my work platter already pretty full for the next 4 months!

Besides, I just spent a ton on stuff from CSFiend for the Legacy, and still have to pay for the motor rebuild and what I expect will be a host of other things!
The struts are still available if you want them for the legacy

·
Registered
Multi-Yrs, ltd mods: Whiteline, KartBoy, etc., polybushings, end links, sbs, etc., new engines, etc.
6 Posts
Hi Keith
Are the KYBs still available? I'm interested. Can pay shipping, if not too crazy anyway. Am in Northern Cal. Have you gotten any ballpark shipping ests? I don't know weight, dimensions (are they boxed or need that too?), etc.
I'm brand-newbie to this site, so pls best to respond to both here and pm me, as I'm still trying to figure out basic stuff like how to get to the in-box.

Thanks
Floyd

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT Limited MT
7 Posts
Interested in this since they've been sitting in my Amazon shopping cart for months. However, I'm not terribly interested in the drive to Indy from Columbus and back... decisions, decisions

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.