Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 05 OBXT Ltd in October and I replaced these OEM tires after one month, so they have about 2000 Kms.

I would prefer to sell them in eastern Canada but... $200 + shipping for the set of 4.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good Luck!

Those tires are crappy in the snow, but pretty good elsewhere. What did you replace them with?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put Michelin X-Ice on the OEM wheels. Next spring I plan to buy a custom wheel and tire package. Not sure yet if I will go for 17" or 18".

I'm considering the following tires:
Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S,
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S,
Kuhmo ECSTA ASX.

I want all season tires despite my using dedicated winters. This is because I drive on a mountain dirt road every day so I need extra traction. We also occasionally get surprise snow falls in spring and fall.

The Pirelli is #1 right now as it seems to be the best rated and reviewed of the bunch and is much cheaper than the Michelin. It comes in 235/55-17 but when looking at the actual dimensions, it is the same size as the Michelin in 225/55.

The Kuhmo is also very attractive as it seem to provide 90% of the performance of the Michelin at half the price. For some reason Tire Rack does not list it in 225/55-17, but 1010Tires does.

·
Registered
78 Posts
OEM wheels

I'll take your stock cookie cutters next spring when you upgrade your wheels. I'm in Montreal and can drive down to govt. town and have them fitted same day. Take my email address and give me a call when you want to sell.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Daniel S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
FastSly
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing