Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the time has come.. to let my honey go... im upgrading to a newer gen

here is the scoop:

97 outback, originally a 2.5 auto, now a 2.2 with a 5spd. The trans swap was done in april along with the engine... its got 101k miles on the engine and 72k on the trans... odometer says 202.xxx

it runs great, it is my daily driver

here the list of the good stuff:
new clutch
new fly wheel
new clutch cable
brakes were just done in may
tires have about 15k
LL bean seats (and yes they are heated)
heated mirrors
struts were replaced a yr ago
clean inside
330 miles per tank

the bad:
there is bent rim on the rear, it only causes a little vibration, nothing major.
food store parking lot dings.
a few scratches nothing deep or ugly.
rear wheel arch rust, its about a quarter size on both sides

asking $2500 / obo

pics to come

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Sorry - not a potential buyer here, but
LL bean seats (front and rear, and yes they are heated)
- you wouldn't happen to have heated the rear seats too, would you? *Getting an idea...*:D
Good luck w/ the sale!

·
Registered
57 Posts
With all due respect, 2500 is kind of a lot for a car with 200k on the body and 101k on the 'new motor' and 72k on the 'new' tranny. We all know the car will go forever but if I was you I would hang onto it or be willing to get some lower offers. I am sure you have spent good money and taken care of it but it just sounds like a lot of money.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
I've gotten $3500 easy for good clean first gen cars before (which this is). A site for people who already have Outbacks may not be the best place to sell it, however.

It's in poor taste to critique For Sale posts, btw.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With all due respect, 2500 is kind of a lot for a car with 200k on the body and 101k on the 'new motor' and 72k on the 'new' tranny. We all know the car will go forever but if I was you I would hang onto it or be willing to get some lower offers. I am sure you have spent good money and taken care of it but it just sounds like a lot of money.
it is why i have "OBO" i could accept a lower offer... again with proof the motor and trans was replaced im sure someone would be interested

thanks but highjacing a forsale thread isnt cool

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've gotten $3500 easy for good clean first gen cars before (which this is). A site for people who already have Outbacks may not be the best place to sell it, however.

i have sold cars here with alot of luck... i also have bought outbacks from here and ive always have had outbacks... you never know when someone is looking for a better one to drive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
njdrsubaru
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing