Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to post this one, too.

I have a steel 17" wheel with a full-size Geolander AT-S spare, 225 65 17, mounted on it. No tpms.

The steel wheel is practically new. The tire was purchased used. It has 6/32nds.

The combo was used once, in town, for a couple miles.

You are getting the 17" steel wheel for 50$ and the tire for free. AZ only, cash only.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now it is the wheel only.

50$ firm, AZ only, cash only.

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
602 Posts
Now it is the wheel only.

50$ firm, AZ only, cash only.
Hahaha! Wait two or three days and post "Now it's the lug nuts only. 50$ firm, AZ only, cash only."

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on, 50$. Perfectly fine 17" steel wheel. Great for a full size spare.

Local pickup, PHX area.

·
Premium Member
2016 OB Premium
95 Posts
FWIW, I used a 17 inch steel wheel to replace the donut and it fits in the spare tire location. See below

Just replaced the temp spare with a 225/55/17 tire and rim. I bought a Subaru steel wheel and had a 225/55/17( used honda tire) mounted on the rim. It fits the space where the temp spare was. The 225/55/17 has a tire height of 26.7 vs the 26.8 on the temp. Of course it wider but has the same revolutions per mile (754) as the temp spare. I was able to put the tire and wheel (back side up) and have space for my jack and other stuff inside the spare wheel. I had to remover the foam piece ( looks like X) that sits in the bottom of the wheel well but can still us the styrofoam cover that holds the tools. The rear carpeted cover sits up a little in the rear but I play on trimming the styrofoam top cover and It will fit perfect. One of the reasons I did this was , I purchased the car used and there was no spare or jack so I decided to try something different. I don't plan of using this spare a normal tire, since it the normal tire on the car has tire height of 28.5 but it will be better than that silly looking donut.

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, yes, I carried it in the donut's place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.