Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i MT 220Kmi
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: all sold except-

-NIB Whiteline differential bushings, crossmember and upper ($60 shipped)

I live in Santa Cruz California, work in the South Bay. Would prefer local sales, but obviously can ship some. Paypal or MO payment.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
They WL diff bushings. Are they for the cradle? The washer kit?

or

Is it the insert kit to fill the hollow/voids in rear rear support?

I am interested in the inserts for the rear. I want to be clear what kit it is. Shipped to 80229. Should fit in small USPS box...if it's the inserts.

Thx-Chris

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will put up p/n's later, they are the complete poly replacement bushings not the insert/washer type.

Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
Interested in the struts; are they fronts or rears?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for delayed response,
Struts are Front
Springs are rears
Bushing p/ns: KDT905, KDT906

Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
PM incoming for front struts/strut mounts/boots :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KYB part numbers.
Mounts: SM5664
struts: 339098 rh, 339099 lh
boots: sb103

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Springs sold pending payment

What's left;
-Stock front lower control arms, probably need new bushings and ball joints (free, you pay actual shipping)
-Complete yakima roof rack, including wind fairing, bike rack, surfboard pads, lock cores ($150, probably not worth shipping due to size)

I live in Santa Cruz California, work in the South Bay. Would prefer local sales, but obviously can ship some. Paypal or MO payment.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
STILL HAVE:
-Complete yakima roof rack, including wind fairing, bike rack, surfboard pads, lock cores ($150, probably not worth shipping due to size)

Registered
2006 Legacy Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT
Interested in Whiteline bits

STILL HAVE:
Do you still have this?

What happened to your car? I was reading your thread on the OB rebuild from 2016. I wondered if the ebay Exedy clutch you bought was any good - I am considering the same thing. Also if you used the snout kit. Let me know. I can't PM. Try PMg me, or can ado e-mail.

Registered
Just chiming in here, I bought struts and strut mounts last year from dsb1829 and they arrived promptly and were packaged securely.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still have bushings. Ended up putting the rack onto my wife's Pilot, so off the auction block.

Exedy clutch gave me no issues, put about 30Kmi on with it. New clutch revealed issues with worn mounts all over the drivetrain. I actually traded the OBW in for $2K towards a 2013 WRX. I was up for CA smog and my cats were toast, so it made sense to ditch the OBW. I really miss the form factor, the WRX doesn't have nearly the capacity. Trying to talk my 16yo into going to an OBW or legacy wagon. We'll see.

Registered
2006 Legacy Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT
Worn mounts?

Exedy clutch gave me no issues, put about 30Kmi on with it. New clutch revealed issues with worn mounts all over the drivetrain.

May want the bushings - good condition? These are the rear diff mountings? Have a pic?

What mounts are we talking about? (I may need to change mine when I do the clutch). Was this all the rubber mounts for the trans? I have pretty fresh motor mounts going in. Is there anything else?

I will be doing the front and rear WL control arm bushings soon (all), along with the rear adjustable arm kit.

Note: I can't PM (low post count on this board, but experienced user). If you want faster back and forth, PM your EM addy. Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The bushings are for the rear diff, part numbers listed already.
I put a Perrin anti-roll on the motor, Type N transmission mount. Both made a big difference on tightening up the front of the drivetrain, but there was a bit of wind-up in the rear (so I bought rear bushings to firm up the diff). I just hadn't gotten around to installing when I got the smog notice and abandoned ship on the whole project, well that and I was burning over 1/2qt of oil per tank of gas (engine work eminent).

email; [email protected]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.