Subaru Outback Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS (CA bay area), Gen 3 OBW parts

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  dsb1829 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: all sold except-

-NIB Whiteline differential bushings, crossmember and upper ($60 shipped)

I live in Santa Cruz California, work in the South Bay. Would prefer local sales, but obviously can ship some. Paypal or MO payment.

#11 ·
Springs sold pending payment

What's left;
-Stock front lower control arms, probably need new bushings and ball joints (free, you pay actual shipping)
-NIB Whiteline differential bushings, crossmember and upper ($60 shipped)
-Complete yakima roof rack, including wind fairing, bike rack, surfboard pads, lock cores ($150, probably not worth shipping due to size)

I live in Santa Cruz California, work in the South Bay. Would prefer local sales, but obviously can ship some. Paypal or MO payment.

#16 ·
Interested in Whiteline bits

Do you still have this?

What happened to your car? I was reading your thread on the OB rebuild from 2016. I wondered if the ebay Exedy clutch you bought was any good - I am considering the same thing. Also if you used the snout kit. Let me know. I can't PM. Try PMg me, or can ado e-mail.

#18 ·
Still have bushings. Ended up putting the rack onto my wife's Pilot, so off the auction block.

Exedy clutch gave me no issues, put about 30Kmi on with it. New clutch revealed issues with worn mounts all over the drivetrain. I actually traded the OBW in for $2K towards a 2013 WRX. I was up for CA smog and my cats were toast, so it made sense to ditch the OBW. I really miss the form factor, the WRX doesn't have nearly the capacity. Trying to talk my 16yo into going to an OBW or legacy wagon. We'll see.

#19 ·
Worn mounts?

Exedy clutch gave me no issues, put about 30Kmi on with it. New clutch revealed issues with worn mounts all over the drivetrain.

May want the bushings - good condition? These are the rear diff mountings? Have a pic?

What mounts are we talking about? (I may need to change mine when I do the clutch). Was this all the rubber mounts for the trans? I have pretty fresh motor mounts going in. Is there anything else?

I will be doing the front and rear WL control arm bushings soon (all), along with the rear adjustable arm kit.

Note: I can't PM (low post count on this board, but experienced user). If you want faster back and forth, PM your EM addy. Thanks.

#20 ·
The bushings are for the rear diff, part numbers listed already.
I put a Perrin anti-roll on the motor, Type N transmission mount. Both made a big difference on tightening up the front of the drivetrain, but there was a bit of wind-up in the rear (so I bought rear bushings to firm up the diff). I just hadn't gotten around to installing when I got the smog notice and abandoned ship on the whole project, well that and I was burning over 1/2qt of oil per tank of gas (engine work eminent).

email; dbrummett2@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.