Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 MX-5 RF, 10 Outback 3.6R
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am selling my 2006 Subaru Outback with manual transmission. I am the second owner of the car. Overall its in good shape given its mileage which is about 201,500 miles as of this posting. I am only selling because I have the opportunity to pick up a turbo Outback that I owned a few years ago, loved and regret selling.

The Good: Two owner car, pretty clean interior, decent exterior condition with no rust, and lots of maintenance. The previous owner had the head gaskets replaced at about 140k miles among other things. Tires have plenty of life left. Recently its had the following maintenance:
-Timing Belt/Pullys
-New Brake Pads/Rotors front and rear
-Brake/Clutch Fluid
-New Inner CV Boot
-Rear 02 Sensor
-Headlight bulbs
-Cabin Air Filter
-Spark Plugs/Wires
-Wipers

The Bad:
-The 4th gear synchro is on its way out. It shifts into 4th fine if you give the engine time for the revs to drop but its something that should be addressed. I have a transmission and rear differential out of a legacy with ~110k miles, and a brand new clutch, that I was going to install but haven't had time yet and can be included with the car.
-Engine consumes ~1.5 quarts of oil between oil changes. Pretty typical for older Subarus I believe. As long as its topped off periodically the engine runs strong.
-Left rear door sometimes does not unlock the first time. Always does the second time the unlock button is pressed.

I am asking $2,200 for the car as is except for the radio which I'd replace with the stock one (will leave backup camera).
For $2,700 I will include the transmission, rear differential, and brand new clutch
For $3,200 I will have the transmission, differential and clutch installed

Aftermarket radio will be $200 on top of any of these options. I also have a set of nearly new snow tires/steel wheels I'll add for $300.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.