Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold!

Up for sale is my 1998 Legacy Outback. It has 186,xxx miles and will change since it is my daily driver. I got this car in June of 2011 and it has treated me great but it is time for me to move on. This is a great reliable daily driver! Get some AWD before the winter!

VIN:
Located in: Prospect, CT

KBB Private Party Value:

Excellent: $4,106
Very Good: $3,806
Good: $3,681

I have been averaging about 25 mpg tracked on Fuelly.com for the last 10 fillups/ (2,562 miles)

Color: Spruce Pearl 2 tone.
Features:
5 speed manual
Power windows/ locks
A/C
ABS
AWD!

The good:

I purchased it from a retired Subaru mechanic. He used to own a shop and then sold it to a younger mechanic. He now rehabs cars part time and the following was done:

-Clean CarFax!
-No Subaru fender rust or other exterior rust! (Truly amazing for a 15 year old car!)
-Engine has approximately 20,000 less miles on it than the car.
-Timing belt was done at 166,xxx.
-Headgaskets were done around 166,xxx. I haven’t had to add a drop of coolant to the car.
-I haven’t had to add a drop of coolant to the car.
-Has passed emissions with flying colors.
-Clutch feels great and does not slip
-No grinding or popping out of gear!
-AWD works awesome!
-Cooper CS4 tires with lots of tread left. I bought these new on 6/23/11 at 166,575 miles. I took them off at 172,608 miles and had new Firestone Winterforce snow tires mounted and balanced. They have 14,xxx miles on them.
-Both front steering rack boots have been replaced.
-Gear oil changed around 170,000 miles to ENEOS 70w-90.
-New wires and plugs at 172,000 miles.
-New airfilter at 172,000 miles.
-Brand new exhaust from heads to tail pipe with cat and stainless steel headers.
-No rips, or tears in seats.
-Includes rear retractable cargo cover.
-New windshield wipers, new windshield.
-Includes roof rack cross bars.
-I filled the A/C back in July of 2011 and it hasn’t needed any additional maintenance since then!
-Includes Hella horns!
-Includes Compustar 2 way alarm/ keyless entry with up to 1.25 miles of range.
-Comprehensive service records since 166,255 miles. Regular oil changes at ~3,500 miles.
-Replaced the transmission mount with one from a 2011 STI at around 180,000 miles in July 2012.

The Bad:
-Has some dings and dents from being nearly 15 years old and having 186,000 miles on it.
-Wheels are kind of ugly but straight! Wouldn’t hurt to sand them down and give them a spray.
-Has some paint problems on the hood near/ on the scoop and it isn’t exactly a show car finish.
-One fog lamp is out and needs to be replaced.
-Needs an alignment. When I replaced the steering rack boots I was very careful to count the number of threads on the tie rod ends but I ended up with a slightly off center steering wheel.
-Car has 186,xxx miles on it. It’s not perfect or pretty but she’ll get the job done and has NEVER let me down or stranded me.
-Battery is old . I’ve been keeping my jump pack with me just in case and planned on purchasing a new one when the day came that I needed to jump it.
-Has some rattles and squeaks. (I rattle and squeak sometimes and I don’t even have 186,000 miles on me!)

Available add ons:
-Firestone Winterforce snow tires with 4,859 miles on them.
-2002/2003 WRX Bug eye seats. Very comfortable and in great shape.

If you should have any questions, please post up or PM me!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
jay25rs
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing