Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Thule Ride-On Adapters they clamp onto the areo shaped OEM bars of the Outback roof rack and give you the Thule rectangle cross bars so you can run some of their other racks. I used them for about 6 months and dismounted them before winter came, I no longer have a use for them. I bought them online on REI for about $55 plus shipping, I'm trying to get like $35 out of them plus shipping, or pick up... OBO

pictures up later today

I also have 2 Thule roof racks for sale, but they will need a few small parts ordered from Thule though.
As they were on the car when it rolled over, so they are bit bent up.
However I tested that it can still hold a bike on the roof, at 70mph on the highway.
1 of the racks has a lock, the other does not, let me know if more info is wanted.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
Thule cross bars.

Do they clamp on OEM cross bars that are in retracted position? 2013 OB has swing-out cross bars... I am trying to get an extra pair of OEM swing cross bars with no luck so far. Dealers only sell the whole assembly (including sides) for $ 400 per side. Anybody out there who wants to sell the swing out OEM cross bars?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they clamp on OEM cross bars that are in retracted position? 2013 OB has swing-out cross bars... I am trying to get an extra pair of OEM swing cross bars with no luck so far. Dealers only sell the whole assembly (including sides) for $ 400 per side. Anybody out there who wants to sell the swing out OEM cross bars?
I'm not positive what you mean by "swing-out" but these are rectangle bars that will clamp onto the areo shape of the subaru OEM shaped bars so you can run thule or yakima stuff that use the rectangle attachments.

From looking at this photo of the '13 roof rack they should work, as the bars are aero shaped.

See as it makes you have rectangle bars above your aero bars

Here is a photo of them on my '03 outback, running a bike rack that used the rectangle fittings.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm interested - what's shipping cost to 55104?

How did you like these for carrying bikes? Stable? I'd have two bikes up top, similar to your purple one above.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm interested - what's shipping cost to 55104?

How did you like these for carrying bikes? Stable? I'd have two bikes up top, similar to your purple one above.
I could get them shipped to you for $45?

They held 2 racks fine, I got them as thule racks use the square mounts so I needed someway to mount them. I totalled my BH outback, so I took them off and they have just been sitting in garage. Now for my XT I went and got the thule 450's as I wanted a wider overall roof area, so I could mount 4 bike racks on the roof.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I could get them shipped to you for $45?

They held 2 racks fine, I got them as thule racks use the square mounts so I needed someway to mount them. I totalled my BH outback, so I took them off and they have just been sitting in garage. Now for my XT I went and got the thule 450's as I wanted a wider overall roof area, so I could mount 4 bike racks on the roof.
Totally missed your response as I was out of town for the long 4th weekend - sorry about that.

Still interested... what 2 Thule racks are you also selling? You mention they're tweaked and need a few parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
CSFiend
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing