Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Touring w/ Eyesight
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced my original silver interior trim panels with the fancy fake grain ones (yeah, say what you want but I like 'em) - and looking for a new home for them.

Includes all 4 doors and dash. Came from a late 2016, was replaced after 4 months. In excellent shape, no visible scratches. Easy conversion with simple tools and a bit of confidence.

$40 + shipping. ($80 new) If you're not in a hurry, I travel south of the border every 3-4 weeks and can ship from within the US for a lower rate, if that's where it's going.

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
480 Posts
I just need the larger trim piece that goes right above the glovebox. Are you willing to sell that part for $10 shipped?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just need the larger trim piece that goes right above the glovebox. Are you willing to sell that part for $10 shipped?
Sorry - I'm only interested in selling the whole set. Plus shipping the one piece would probably cost at least $10 anyway.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you get your wood trim? I was interested in switching to the wood as well.
They're just considered spare parts, so you could order them at the dealer or online. You can go here for part numbers:
https://parts.subaru.com/Subaru__Outback/Interior.html

Select the vehicle model of the trim you want (in my case it was the trim from the Touring model I wanted), then sort through the groups until you get to the one that has the parts and numbers listed: (Door trim front, door trim rear, instrument panel upper and instrument panel fitting, all under "interior" parts)

Keep in mind if you go with wood, each side of the dash will be 2-pieces (wood and silver, each with a part #) instead of the single piece for the all-silver trim.
For the doors, each door is a single piece regardless of trim level (this includes the 2-tone silver/wood on the touring).

Replacing the trim will require you to pop off the whole interior door panel (and unplug the switches and lights) to access these strips from behind, as they're screwed in place. Not hard, but that's where the confidence part comes in. 5-minutes per door. The dash pieces gently snap off (with a bit of technique) and plug in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
About to embark on replacing my trim in my 2018. Would love to hear any advice from those of you who have removed door panels.
-after removing two screws, where did you begin prying?
-how many clips hold door panel on?
-any value to leaving the cables/wires attached and removing trim while propping panel on a stand close to the door?
-anything else you wish you knew before digging into removing door panels/replacing trim pieces?

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.