Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R H6 VDC
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***Edit: Make me an offer, I need these gone! Upgraded my headlights, so these gotta go. They could use a good buffing, but overall, are in good shape. No broken tabs, or missing hardware.

$150 for the pair.

Payment via Paypal.

***Free shipping within the US!

Attachments

Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
Where in MN are you? Just curious if I've seen you around.

Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R H6 VDC
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@CSFiend, I'm in the Crystal/New Hope area.

@jasonojordan, I love them. I buffed the OEM's every spring, but was never fully satisfied with the results. I had JM put in stainless steel brake lines last week, and I figured, as long as she was there, why not have them swap out the headlights & fogs. They also disabled the day time running lights. Having those **** headlights on during the day really does a number on the car. The 05-09 Outbacks are notorious for headlights that get super hot, eat through bulbs, and scorch the housing. Mine got so hot last summer, that both wiring harnesses melted, and I had to put in new ones. I was going through Sylvania Ultralights so fast that O'Reilly wouldn't cover them under warranty anymore.

Here's a link to the ones that I bought. A little spendy, but in my opinion, well worth it. Plus I don't have to mess around with trying to blackout the OEM's myself.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-JDM-Black-Clear-Projector-Headlights-For-2005-2007-Subaru-Legacy-Outback/302707053161?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Registered
2013 BRZ 2005 OBXT
Yea I disabled mine a long time ago. I will have to check out them lights. Let me know how they hold up!

@CSFiend, I'm in the Crystal/New Hope area.

@jasonojordan, I love them. I buffed the OEM's every spring, but was never fully satisfied with the results. I had JM put in stainless steel brake lines last week, and I figured, as long as she was there, why not have them swap out the headlights & fogs. They also disabled the day time running lights. Having those **** headlights on during the day really does a number on the car. The 05-09 Outbacks are notorious for headlights that get super hot, eat through bulbs, and scorch the housing. Mine got so hot last summer, that both wiring harnesses melted, and I had to put in new ones. I was going through Sylvania Ultralights so fast that O'Reilly wouldn't cover them under warranty anymore.

Here's a link to the ones that I bought. A little spendy, but in my opinion, well worth it. Plus I don't have to mess around with trying to blackout the OEM's myself.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-JDM-Black-Clear-Projector-Headlights-For-2005-2007-Subaru-Legacy-Outback/302707053161?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
I put a pair of these Depo assemblies on my car and I love them! It's remarkable the light projection pattern they throw! And, they look sexy too!

Two questions:

Do you like the hood deflector and does it rub anywhere?

Where did you get the bumper placard - nice!

Attachments

Registered
2002 Jackstand Queen
The #1 thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on a set of those Depo headlight is that I've heard the beam pattern from the projectors is pretty bad compared to the stock projectors. $300 is a lot for a worse performing housing.

So are you saying these project light better than the old stock ones?

Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R H6 VDC
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally, I think they project better than stock. They certainly project better than my 13 year old, weather battered stock ones did. $300 is a lot of $ for new headlights, however, new OEM headlights would cost about the same. I was getting sick of buffing mine every spring. Blacking out OEM headlights yourself is always an option, but it's very time consuming, and I couldn't afford to be without a vehicle while doing a DIY headlight project. I also replaced the fog lights with new ones, so between the new headlights and the new fogs, I've got more than enough light projection for the driving that I do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.