1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 LGT 6MT swap
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS NM: Megan coilovers Outback specific 05-09 SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD on LGT.com

Hey folks have a set of OB specific coilovers for the 3rd gen model 2005-2009.

Bought a set with frozen hardware and 4 new cartridges. Installed rears as-is to try and find a suitable rear setup. Tried to get the fronts apart but only managed one. Put about 1k miles on the one new cartridge before finding a BTS kit and shelving the Megan's.

Fast forward to November 2012, bought another set of OB Megan's that had leaky cartidges. Finally got enough hardware to put a complete set together, one front with 1k miles and the other three brand new. Pics show set plus close-ups of "heavily used" adjusters LOL.

Looking for $400 shipped in the CONUS, $350 local pickup. Sorry no Canada at all, AK and HI please contact me via PM.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 LGT 6MT swap
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention tophats and upper front strut bolt(s) are included as pictured. Tophats are old but makes them that much closer to PnP.

Also in pics the "dirtier" front is one with 1k miles.

·
Registered
2005 LGT 6MT swap
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to make sure here are some relevant links on Megan coilovers:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/81-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/18031-megan-racing-coilovers-installation-impressions.html

And this is good reading on why coilovers on an Outback can be a good option:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/81-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/28368-2005-2009-outback-suspension-faq.html

Coilovers at or under $1000 are going to be rough/stiff. Your local ( rough ) roads will amplify this feeling. In NM I'd still be running the Megan's had I not lucked into the penultimate suspension system for our cars, Bilstein BTS-5056.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.