Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car off of craigslist with a bad motor about a month and a half ago. My intentions were to rebuild the motor and sell the car, make a little money. However, my plan failed when the guy i bought it from stopped returning my calls about the title. Supposedly, he has the title, but refuses to return my calls/texts/emails.

So now, i am trying to sell the car to someone in need of parts, a demo derby car, offroad buggy, SOMETHING. I want it out of my driveway, pronto.

Here's some info on the car. It is a 1999 Subaru Outback SUS sedan, green and brown. It is an automatic car, came with the 2.5l DOHC engine. The engine is not in the car, i tore it down, put new head gaskets, used heads, and a new water pump on it. I could sell that with the car to, or without the car for that matter, its all for sale! 213k miles on the clock. It has cloth interior, heated front seats and a heated windshield! The body is in decent shape, not perfect by any means. The hood has a few rust holes, and rust is starting on the quarter panels. I took a few pictures, but if you want a certain part or have a question, let me know and i can snap another pic and explain.

All the wheels look pretty good, tires are no good. I will scrap it if there is no interest in parts, but i feel horrible with it being so nice. Its a shame this guy screwed me, and i cannot get a hold of the original owner to get the title.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
contact the state DMV and see if they can help. you may be able to get it by making a sworn statement.

it is worth a phone call. this cannot be the first time it has happened.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
and if it turns out it belongs to his 'ex' or someone else you may start the wheels turning that gets him what he deserves.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can file a mechanics lean to get the title. Not hard at all, and saves you from scrapping a car i would love to have for my wife for the winter lol. I used to run self storage units, if someone didnt pay we sold what was in it, and if it was a car, that is what i had to do to sell it. It will cost you, but it better then putting down a good subaru!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
dunavan
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing