Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006, Outback XT, 2.5 DOHC Turbo
181 Posts
I have a 06' OB XT limited, any idea if the connections are already there under the seat of I would need to run new ones?

Thanks

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely would need new ones -
my 06 2.5i needed new ones. If you can install an aftermarket stereo, you can make the harness for the subwoofer.

·
Registered
2008 Outback Base model 2.5 Manual
14 Posts
Can you add a harness and install this woofer to the stock radio on the base model?

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you add a harness and install this woofer to the stock radio on the base model?
Absolutely. If needed, I can put together a T-harness for you at cost.

The T-harness would go between the stock radio and the stock harness. It would then route under the center console to the subwoofer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Absolutely. If needed, I can put together a T-harness for you at cost.

The T-harness would go between the stock radio and the stock harness. It would then route under the center console to the subwoofer.
I'm out of town for the weekend but I'll get back to you. I want to check the yards in the denver metro area to avoid you building extra stuff and shipping if at all possible. saves us both time.

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. The harness only comes with the subwoofer, so I imagine it'd be pretty rare unless you find a car equipped with a subwoofer.

I dont have the harness because mine was T'd into my aftermarket stereo's harness.

They are pretty easy for me to make. Would take me 15 minutes or so and the cost of 3 pigtails (2 to T into the factory harness, and 1 for the subwoofer) and stranded wire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok. The harness only comes with the subwoofer, so I imagine it'd be pretty rare unless you find a car equipped with a subwoofer.

I dont have the harness because mine was T'd into my aftermarket stereo's harness.

They are pretty easy for me to make. Would take me 15 minutes or so and the cost of 3 pigtails (2 to T into the factory harness, and 1 for the subwoofer) and stranded wire.
I just realized how involved installing the sub is... I am not too sure I am ready for that commitment right now with ski season. Maybe in spring........? I don't know. it seems like a good hour long project at least!

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, let me know what you decide. It wasn't terribly difficult of an install. About 1/2 to an hour seems reasonable.

What's involved in the install:
1. Remove panel trim
2. Remove radio
3. Install T-harness behind radio.
4. Remove seat bolts, and move the seat out of the way
5. Route sub harness under center console, and underneath seat
6. Install sub
7. re-install everything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.