Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
09 OBXT-B SWP 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made two sets of lift blocks to idealize the suspension geometry on my Outback.

One set is installed, and I'm selling the second set.

These are made of 6061T6, cut on a waterjet, and finished on a mill.

Depending on your rear top hats, you MIGHT have to drill one of the holes a bit larger to fit. This will, in no way, impact the effectiveness or strength of the spacer. I drilled the forward hole on the ones for my car (Spec-B top hats).

These spacers will raise the front of your car 7/8", and the rear of the car 1-7/8". I designed them to correct the steering and bump geometry of an Outback on Bilstein struts, to be used with the Whiteline offset LCA and RCK. They'll work fine with/without those modifications, and even if you have stock struts and want to raise the car a little more. They should bring your stock LGT Wagon suspension fitted Outback to a less-slammed ride height.

Here are the before pictures:

And the After:

And a picture of the rear spacer installed:

I will get pictures of the actual spacer set when I get some time this week, hopefully tomorrow.

These will come with hardware. The stock mounting studs need to be pressed out (easy) and replaced with longer hardware. The fronts will reuse the stock nuts, the rears come with new nuts. The hardware is all Grade 10.9.

These will work on all 05-09 Legacy and Outback models. I am not certain if they will work with older cars.

Price is $280 shipped. I've got a set of lightly used GT Wagon rear bumpstops that I'll throw in for another $20. With these, you won't have to cut your OE bumpstops.

Any questions, just ask!

I make no guarantees on ride height, as every car is different. Obviously, modify your car at your own risk. I'm not responsible if something goes wrong. I've been running mine for a few thousand miles now, with no adverse effects or additional wear. The car drives great, and it no longer hits the bumpstops in the rear. I'm so confident in them, I'll be transporting our newborn in the car.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
09 OBXT-B SWP 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP!

This is perfect for people who are interested in the Bilstein BTS kit, but don't want to import them used from overseas.

·
Registered
09 OBXT-B SWP 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump!

·
Registered
09 OBXT-B SWP 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because these aren't the BTS struts/springs. They are Bilstein HD struts and STI Pink springs. I designed the ride height to optimize suspension geometry.

·
Registered
91 Posts
BUMP!

This is perfect for people who are interested in the Bilstein BTS kit, but don't want to import them used from overseas.
Sorry about that. I read this part and posted without thinking.
I'm a newbie here in the process of buying an XT. I'm planning on upgrading the suspension per-emptively with Bilstein BTS. Would these then allow for a similar ride height?

For reference, I posted on the newb section what I'm planning.
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...er-planning-uptfront-upgrades.html#post441864

·
Registered
09 OBXT-B SWP 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car is a bit lower than a BTS equipped car, I think. I'm sitting right about 1/2 the difference between an LGT wagon and an Outback XT.

If you want the BTS height, then I'd suggest trying to track down a BTS kit.

I, personally, didn't want to deal with that hassle. I got Bilstein HD's, Spec-B top hats, and made these spacers to correct the steering issues (in conjunction with the Whiteline offset LCA bushings and Roll-Correction kit).

·
Registered
09 OBXT-B SWP 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump!

·
Registered
09 OBXT-B SWP 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump!

·
Registered
09 OBW base => 07 OBXT LTD 5sp
298 Posts
Clarification please

For those who aren't bac 5.2 groupies on legacygt.com, could you clarify: are there (o
r not) front spacers included?

·
Registered
09 OBXT-B SWP 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is for both the front and rear spacers.

·
Registered
09 OBXT-B SWP 5MT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump!

·
Registered
2009 outbackXT 5MT, 2007 Impreza 2.2MT, 1974 MGB
24 Posts
Spacers

Hello. I'm interested. Unhappy with the suspension in my '09OBXT and not really thrilled with the slammed look. Have been reading up on the LGT suspension swap, with adjustable Konis, but your spacers (and bump stop) sound interesting. What model # Bilsteins did you use? Do you think I could use my stock springs, or would LGT wagon springs be better? I have Whiteline sways back and front already.

thanks
Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.