Subaru Outback Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: TX FRONT BILSTEINS for Outback (00-04 or MAYBE 05-09 MAYBE others)

1K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  Impatient 
#1 · (Edited)
FS: TX FRONT BILSTEINS for Outback (00-04 or MAYBE 05-09), Baja, and MAYBE Forester

View attachment Bilsteins.pdf Auto part

Auto part Hand Pipe
Auto part

Pipe Soil Architecture Column Drain
Coil spring Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system Suspension

I bought these JDM Bilstein struts, used, for a 00-04 Lancaster (aka Outback). I am now selling the FRONTS ONLY. They didn't help me lower my 07 Outback as I wanted. I'm just curious if anyone with a Baja or older (00-04) Outback might want to buy these. They are superior to KYB GR2's IMHO. They rode great, but actually raised the ride height on the 07 by ~ 0.5 inch.

I have replaced these with front Legacy Bilsteins, which give me the lower ride height I was looking for. I'm sorry, but am not going to sell the rear Bilsteins that match these Lancaster struts. I think you could use Legacy rear shocks with some spacers to get the appropriate Outback ride height.

$200. FRONTS ONLY. These are inverted Bilstein Monotube dampers. Professionally done by someone in Japan who markets (or marketed) them (for BP9 version see http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/user...3087/note.aspx). Again, these work / ride great!!!

Upper spring perches & tophats are also available....the tophat bearings are reasonable but not new. FYI, they use standard USDM tophats and upper perches...They do not require JDM tophats like the Bilsteins for 05+ Legacy's.

See less See more
#3 ·
Come on! These are definitely usable. I think they might be perfect for 00-04 Outback or any 05-06 Baja. On 05-09 Outback, they might raise ride height unless countered with a "shorter" spring. Of course, some of you want to raise ride height. Again, they have KYB lowers from 00-02. But were stuffed with true "made in Germany" inverted Bilstein monotube. Lowers don't affect performance, only providing the "geometry." Done professionally in Japan. I mounted / drove with them for awhile, felt they were a definite improvement over OB KYB, but didn't like ride height increase. Just speculating, but if someone wanted to put these on a Baja or 00-04 OB with 05-06 Baja springs, it might be a great combo.

I believe 05+ use a shorter strut than 00-04. So that is why I don't think you would see the ride height increase with 00-04.

BTW, the $200 includes paypal /shipment to lower 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.