Miles: 71,xxx
Transmission: 5EAT
Title: Clear - no accidents
Lien: Bank held title, available post-purchase
VIN: 4S3BP676654314026
Seller's email address: available via PM
Asking Price: $14,000 OBO

Background Information
Throwing out a feeler for my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Wagon with 71,xxx miles (daily driven, so mileage will go up over time). The car is Regal Blue Pearl in color with tan leather interior. I am the second owner and purchased the car from the parent’s of a previous member. Car was adult driven previously and purchased new in 2004. All maintenance was performed at the dealership by the previous owners up until I took ownership at 54k miles. The car has been maintained by myself since then, including the entire 60k mile service with premium fluids and OEM plugs. I upgraded the car to stage 2 at 62,470 miles with a stock STI up pipe, Cobb downpipe (catted), and TruCool Transmission Cooler. I also bullet-proofed the TMIC at this time and replaced the front O2 sensor shortly after since I found out I bumped the stocker and it was no longer reading correctly. I’ve completed all regular maintenance during my ownership and am happy to answer any questions. The car ran with Valvoline 5w-30 from the dealership during previous ownership and I have used Rotella T6 5w-40 during my personal ownership. Please contact me directly via PM and I am happy to email you my entire maintenance spreadsheet—it’s quite detailed. It has a clean title and has no accidents, etc. to report (please see the carfax report).

Visually, I've added an R-REV mesh grill. The grill is carbon fiber, but I've had it painted to match the rest of the car--this grill will be included in the sale unless discussed otherwise.

For those looking for the quick rundown:
  • 2005 limited wagon, tan leather and sunroof
  • 71,xxx miles on the odometer
  • All-weather subaru mats front/rear (black), factory trunk liner also included (tan)
  • STI up pipe, Cobb catted downpipe, and aFe ProDry S air filter (reuseable) are all installed and the car is tuned for all of these parts--all new gaskets used where any new parts were added
  • Transmission cooler and transmission thermostat installed to optimize ATF cooling
  • Nearly new stock catback exhaust was recently installed, no rust which is a huge plus for anyone looking into axleback options or other aftermarket exhaust options
  • New-to-me endlinks will also be installed prior to sale--these have no rust and will be easy to work on should you choose to install aftermarket sways (or I can do that for you if you provide the sways)
  • Leptronix aux-in has been added--I installed it to appear as it comes from the factory in newer years with the plug in located inside the arm rest. It's a very clean install and most would think it came like this from the factory.
I'm posting this up mainly as a feeler. The car would be sold as a “stage 2” car with stock suspension. It’s currently sitting on BBS wheels, but I would like to keep these for my next subaru (the only reason I'm considering selling this car!) so I will pick up a set of stock wheels for the buyer (or other if preferred) and can have a new set of tires mounted on based on discussion with the buyer and what he/she would want. The cobb DP, STI up pipe, transmission cooler and thermostat will all convey with the car.
If you have any questions just let me know. This is a feeler, so feel free to post here or message me privately. The car has some normal exterior wear and I've highlighted the worst of it in the pics (the scuff on the rear bumper)--happy to provide any additional pictures upon request.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT 5MT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP for a great looking car. If it was a 5 speed I'd be all over it!
Thanks! It's in really great shape with full maintenance records, just trying to find it the right home :)

I should also note that I'm considering throwing the BBS wheels & nearly new Bridgestone RE970s in with the sale for the right price. The wheels are incredibly clean and clear brembos and the tires are top quality high performance all-seasons.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,322 Posts
One, good plate. Misnomer.

Two, who did the tuning/remap? Got a power/torque graph for the upgrade, either dyno or rolling, showing the current output?

Smoker or not?

Any electronics in the cab that have been changed?

·
Registered
2005 OBXT 5MT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One, good plate. Misnomer.

Two, who did the tuning/remap? Got a power/torque graph for the upgrade, either dyno or rolling, showing the current output?

Smoker or not?

Any electronics in the cab that have been changed?
Haha, thanks--I like the plate :)

I had an LGT member/vendor do the tuning. Username is "Cryo", here is his tuning business website: Engine Calibration and Tuning - Home. Dave is very knowledgeable and I had him focus on a reliable daily-driver tune for me. I did not ask him to wring out every last bit of power. I have never put the car on a dyno, I guess I could probably work up some airboy spreadsheets or something else with my tuning laptop, would just have to look into how to do that. I've never focused on numbers with this car, I just did the upgrades to get a bit more power on the road and honestly for reliability with the removal of the catted up pipe and adding a custom tune designed specifically for my car.

Regarding electronics, the only thing I've really added is an aux-in feature. I used a leptronix board (google it for more info) and did a very factory-like install, locating the plug inside the arm rest cubby. I should take a picture of it--if you didn't know I installed it you might confuse it for being a factory option.

I also have a wideband O2 sensor set up at the moment that was used to get accurate AFR readings during the tuning process. It's not a permanent install, and I will likely remove it for use on my next subaru.

I'm a non-smoker and the car has never been smoked in.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT 5MT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump!

BBS wheels and nearly-new Bridgestone RE970AS tires included in the sale. Super clean set of wheels that really look great on the car.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT 5MT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump! I'm motivated to sell the car, so here's a bit of incentive:

For $13,250 the car will come with the BBS wheels and a set of thule cross bars that attach directly to the factory roof rails (locks included). If the original asking price is met I'll also include the hotchkis sway bars (25mm front, 22 mm rear) and kartboy endlinks on all four corners--you can't find these sways anymore and the setup is perfect, IMO, really flattens it out in the corners.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Flex EB; 2013 F150 EB
247 Posts
Man, I don't see how this is still for sale.... Nice car! I had a 2005 LGT myself. I miss that car - however my G8GT is a bit more fun! I'm looking for more of a daily driver - how's this ride? Comfortable?

·
Registered
2005 OBXT 5MT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, I don't see how this is still for sale.... Nice car! I had a 2005 LGT myself. I miss that car - however my G8GT is a bit more fun! I'm looking for more of a daily driver - how's this ride? Comfortable?
Absolutely. The suspension is stock and is in good shape so it's definitely comfortable.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT 5MT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big price drop before I end up trading this thing in: $11,500 with the stock wheels. Car will still be stage 2 with all necessary parts.

Someone pick this up before it gets traded in and lost in the crowd!

·
Registered
'99 OBW w/ CWP
6 Posts
2005 Legacy GT

Hey, not what you want to hear...but I'll buy your long block....you could probably part out the car, and get 15000+ but if you need fast money. I understand.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT 5MT
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, not what you want to hear...but I'll buy your long block....you could probably part out the car, and get 15000+ but if you need fast money. I understand.
I'll sell the long block. $11.5k and I'll throw in the rest of the car for free :D

Car should be sold tomorrow :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.