Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i went to replace my fuel filter (dont know when it was last done) i got one from Lordco its not OEM , so i dont know what lines go where? wondering if somone could tell me which line is the out and in?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
that is usually stamped on the top of such things. (or you can compare it to the one you have installed).

if not return it for another brand.

not much gets in there in the first place in these cars. (the subaru fuel pump system keeps the junk in the tank for the most part).

___

beware: the last time I changed one out of a 2002, I had wished I had some new rubber fuel lines in my hand at the time.
the old ones had shrunk over the flutes of the filter tips, and I had to work them harder with needle nose pliers then I had wished to get them off the old one and onto the new one. (heating them may help).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the new one i have is stamped in line and out, but the old one looks different and does say anything?. im guessing the In line would be from the gas tank and the out from to the engine but im not sure?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.