Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Outback 2.5L 5 Speed, 2014 Outback Premium 2.5L CVT
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was replacing the valve cover gaskets on our 2008 2.5 Outback, the only way I could see to get the driver side cover off was to remove the fuel rail and injectors. Since the Haynes manual I had said nothing about this I wasn't planning on this and did not have new seals for the injectors. I went ahead and put the car back together but one of the injectors in leaking fuel. Do I just need to replace the seals and the oring on the injectors or am I doing something wrong? I ordered new seals but I just want to know if I need to do something else.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 Outback 2.5L 5 Speed, 2014 Outback Premium 2.5L CVT
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, wish I had known that before. I also searched on here for the procedure and watched some videos on youtube and didn't see anything about that method, only removing the fuel rail.

I have Oriley Auto Parts bringing some in as I don't have to pick them up or I can return them, but I will order some OEM also before I take it back apart. I tried to find the part numbers on several subaru parts websites and could not find them, I've sent an email to one asking for part numbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts