Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a trip, and took this photo 9 miles into the trip.

Speedometer Tachometer Odometer Car Gauge

I was at 32.1 mpg gallon most of the trip until I hit San Antonio 5:00 traffic.

Handwriting Font Technology Display device Auto part

At 175.1 miles I had finally reached my destination, but my fuel mileage took a .9 mpg hit due to heavy traffic.

Speedometer White Plant Odometer Trip computer

Vehicle Audio equipment Plant Gadget Font

Gas prices are getting a little outrageous (thanks Brandon). Every little bit helps. I paid $4.30 a gallon for 90 octane non-ethonol fuel. I used a little over a 1/4 tank. Not to shabby.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i
3,924 Posts
These are my calculated results using Miles driven / gallons
highway mileage is 27.6 @70mph on trips*
my combined mileage is 24
my city mileage is 20

GPS shows that from 50 - 100mph the speedometer is off by 2mph (I was not willing to check it at higher speeds)

*My road trips are at least 750 miles and those results are consistent daytime or nighttime.

Want to save fuel? keep ye ol' foot out of ye ol' throttle

when I drive around on side streets generally it is 2K or less on the tach during accelleration

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i (sold 257,000km)/2018 Crosstrek limited 2022 Forester Limited
5,186 Posts
Driving the speed limit is the key to hood mileage. All the work done on your car must have been done well.

Reactions: Maxboost08

·
Premium Member
2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Driving the speed limit is the key to hood mileage. All the work done on your car must have been done well.
Driving the speed limit and not using the cruise control helped tremendously. The engine is running like new. That helps too.

Reactions: scoobydoo2
1 - 4 of 4 Posts