Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i PZEV Special Edition
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've recently purchased a 2009 Outback 2.5i PZEV with 270,000 kilometers on the clock. I live on the East Coast of Canada so some rust is inevitable - unfortunately, the rust on this example is on the top side of the fuel tank, meaning that in order for it to be properly road legal here, the fuel tank needs to be replaced. As I'm sure you all are aware, this is a lengthy job that requires removing pretty much the entire rear subframe. I guess my main question is: Since the rear end is coming off is there anything else that I should get the shop to do while the opportunity is there? I plan on keeping the car for a while (at least until I'm done university ~4 years) and I don't want to have to drop the rear end again during that time. I do plan on getting the vehicle undercoated to keep rust at its current minimal level.

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
16,157 Posts
Suspension bushings, how bad are the struts, rear diff carrier bushings, wheel bearing check, .....

You can drop the whole shebang as one piece. Diff carrier, axles, rear knuckles,.... Leave struts hanging from the car.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i PZEV Special Edition
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Epic! Thank you I will definitely take a look at that while it's on the shop floor!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts